My VZW Corporate store still has some DX1 in stock...

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
If you need dual core processor functionality, a even better looking screen than we already have, and just have the "new device" bug, then go for the X2. If not, stick with the X1. Still havent run into something I CANT do with my X1. Even when I have to sbf back to stock non root GB, like I am currently, it is simply still the best phone. You can overclock the processor, root it, rom it, u name it. The shelf life, well thats up to opinion, developer desire and overall popularity. It still does quite well here as you can see by the numbers in the forums.

0pusX

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Still can't decide ..... I want the dual core for future proofing if for no there reason but the stories I have heard about the X 2 camera scare me...... I know my X had a great screen and camera.....but I also accept the fact the X 1 has most likely seen it's last OS upgrade......

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
but I also accept the fact the X 1 has most likely seen it's last OS upgrade......

I disagree. VZW updated the OG Droid long after the D2 came out and the X is even more popular. I anticipate at least Ice Cream via VZW (granted, the X2 may see it first). Even if I'm wrong, there's a decent chance the dev community will be able to get it running - albeit perhaps with an older kernel.

There's always a next best thing that will be a must-have feature. I don't know if dual core will be utilized by the development community for a while, it will only help by allowing background processes to spawn on the second core leaving the primary to handle the foreground task - and on my X that doesn't seem like it will buy much.

LTE, on the other hand, may be something you want to consider if you use it for anything needing high speed or low latency on the road. Especially if you can currently grandfather your unlimited data to it (because that won't always be the case if my crystal ball is correct). Of course, if you're like me and only do those things when you're in range of WiFi maybe it's not that important to you.

The real question is what's important to YOU. Without knowing how you use your phone people are just giving their own preferences (in an X forum, no less ;) ) rather than actually knowing what's best for you.

Reactions: 0pusX

0pusX

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Well as far as the 4G goes, I just sold my Thunderbolt, while overall it was a good device, I didn not like Sense and I hated how out in the sunlight I couldnt view the screen or see what I was taking a picture of. Plus we wont have 4G in my area for about a year from now.

I just want a large good looking screen, great camera for indoor and outdoor pics. Anything else is just icing on the cake. Those are the 2 things are look for the most.

I dont game on it, I do web browse text and email frequesntly though.

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I also think we will get Ice Cream on our X's. It may not be an official stock build for the droid X, but look, we just got MIUI yesterday,lol. I think in the Droid community our X1's will still keep up for quite a while. Seems like the only thing that might overtake it is the Bionic. And who knows when thats gona happen.

"I just want a large good looking screen, great camera for indoor and outdoor pics. Anything else is just icing on the cake. Those are the 2 things are look for the most."

Then it sounds like opus that the X1 is the choice for you. And you might even save some dough.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar