I am on my 2nd Droid X replacement (June) due to a faulty Droid X that had hardware and software issues. It would not update to GB. When I shoot Video on my Droid X, it first freezes after recording and will not go to save the video and over half the time it won't play back on the phone, saying "Error File cannot be displayed".

Also this phone tends to randomly reboot and get very burning like hot more than 120+ degrees! These are the same issues I had with my previous Droid X that plagued me for 6 months and since it wouldn't update OTA GB.

I decided to take it in for replacement. I had not wanted to because I would have to redo all my apps and home screens which took a month or so to get organize. Other than these issues the phone is decent. Is this all common with Motorola's or just Droid X's? I don't see a point in getting yet another replacement because at the end of November I can do another 1 year upgrade! One more thing it displayed the exlimation mark with the little droid guy when rebooting it never has done that and I did not put it into recovery mode (hold pwr button+home) Any suggestions?

I have already....
    Removed / Un-Mounted SD card
    Battery Pulls
    Factory Resets

Droid X (stock)
    2.3.3 GB
    07-23-2011 04:39 AM
    As to the video problems, I've read a number of threads that referenced a problem with a slower read write speed to the SD card. There are 2 solutions...1 is to set your record quality down one level from HD, the other is to buy a higher end SD card. If you buy a good card, you can always use it in future phones that you own.

Regarding the heat/rebooting...sounds to me like an app issue. Something that you want to use on your phone is probably always running some service that's heating it up. If it were my phone, the first thing I'd do is get rid of any widgets that you have on any screens. I've found many of them to be big resource hogs. If that solves your problem, you could always start adding them back, one at a time to see what the trouble maker is.
    07-23-2011 12:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD