Hating my phone right now

heatherg11

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Having all kinds of problems with my less than a year old X. It lags, freezes when trying to do pretty much anything, gets so hot I can barely touch it, force closes everything, won't call out half the time. This stuff just started within the week and I've tried everything to fix it. I've done a factory reset, pulled the battery a million times, unistalled numerous apps that force close. Pretty much tried it all. Called verizon CS and they are sending me another X. I'm just hoping this one doesn't pull the same crap this one has. Any suggestions? I can upgrade in Oct, will probably just go with an iphone. Most of my friends have the iphone and don't have any problems with their phones like I do. Just makes me mad because I have always said I will never have an iphone but I don't have the $ to replace my phones more than every 2 years.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
If you've already done the factory reset that's pretty much it unless you want to start talking ROMs and such, but to me that's extreme just to fix a problem.

If you want an iPhone because you think they are better, go for it.

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
You could have a corrupted file/filesystem on your sd memory card. That could account for all of the problems you've listed. Backup all the files you need on your card, then format the card. Move back the files you backed up and see if your phone is fixed.

heatherg11

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure its probably pretty easy, but I don't want to do ROMs or themes or anything like that. I'm fairly decent with technology but my luck is the absolute worst and I would end up doing something that bricks my phone.

It's not that I think the iphone is that much better, but I've been noticing they never complain about their phone's at all, never have any problems with them. That's what I want-no headaches, be able to use pandora, words with friends, heck even make a call without having problems doing so.

heatherg11

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
You could have a corrupted file/filesystem on your sd memory card. That could account for all of the problems you've listed. Backup all the files you need on your card, then format the card. Move back the files you backed up and see if your phone is fixed.

I'll try this before putting it in the one they send me tomorrow. Hopefully I won't have any problems after that.

Rocko

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure its probably pretty easy, but I don't want to do ROMs or themes or anything like that. I'm fairly decent with technology but my luck is the absolute worst and I would end up doing something that bricks my phone.

It's not that I think the iphone is that much better, but I've been noticing they never complain about their phone's at all, never have any problems with them. That's what I want-no headaches, be able to use pandora, words with friends, heck even make a call without having problems doing so.

All phones have problems. iPhone is no exception, although for you it's a good choice.

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site

I have to agree with the OP. I've always hated Apple and the Iphone, but my neice has one, as does my sister just recently. They never complain about their phones. I think my neice had one problem while texting awhile ago, but was corrected by Verizon same day and no problems since.
I had very few problems when on Froyo and since the GingerBread update, which I was really excited to try, I've had more problems. Phone restarting when turned off, GPS maps Freezing while in use (Happened multiple times). I love android, but if things keep going wrong with my phone in the future, I'll probably go to the other side. Oh and I've reformatted the SD card and Cleared Cache, didn't fix the rebooting problem or the Maps freezing. I haven't tried a factory reset yet, but saving that for when the phone really gets bad. Right now, it's tolerable.

Buffalo

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Having all kinds of problems with my less than a year old X. It lags, freezes when trying to do pretty much anything, gets so hot I can barely touch it, force closes everything, won't call out half the time. This stuff just started within the week and I've tried everything to fix it. I've done a factory reset, pulled the battery a million times, unistalled numerous apps that force close. Pretty much tried it all. Called verizon CS and they are sending me another X. I'm just hoping this one doesn't pull the same crap this one has. Any suggestions? I can upgrade in Oct, will probably just go with an iphone. Most of my friends have the iphone and don't have any problems with their phones like I do. Just makes me mad because I have always said I will never have an iphone but I don't have the $ to replace my phones more than every 2 years.

It's worth heading over to the Moto Owners Forums .... you will see lots of people complaining about similar things since the Ginger Bread OTA update.

Supposedly, a fix is on it's way - but, we've been waiting 9 weeks now.

Good luck with the second X, and stay away from the Fruit!

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Most of these problems are due to Motorola's UI and not android. If u want the best android experience, buying a nexus device would be best. I just get annoyed when people always think android is laggy and slow compared to ios and wp7. Those people just repeat what they hear and read. I've seen ios lag and force close before too.

roberte1342

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
The iPhone will be getting many Android-like features this fall with iOS 5. I think of it as them catching up with the times.
I've have many iDevices in the family and I'm the first to admit that they are more reliable but less functional at the same time. Less functional for me but not to them.
With the update this fall it won't be too difficult to switch.
I'd consider one myself if the screen wasn't so tiny.

[tapatalk - shadow]

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
To me, until the iPhone does away with the cluttered icon look and allow widgets for easy access to information, it's still junk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles