My phone spontaneously rebooted at 7am sharp today when I was listening to a podcast. Hasn't happened in a long time by itself. I was thinking maybe Verizon or Google pushed an update that forced a restart without telling me (phone was in my pocket so I wouldn't have seen a message).

Anyway, my brother who also has a DX tells me today he woke to find his phone frozen at a boot loader message.

This makes me think VZW pushed some kind of update today. Anyone know what it might be?
    07-28-2011 10:01 AM
    Hmm, interesting. Haven't noticed anything different on mine. Do you have any apps set to auto update in the Market?
    07-28-2011 10:23 AM
    I don't think so, I avoid doing that to keep my phone from choking on the tiny bit of bandwidth I get in the middle of the building I work in.
    07-28-2011 10:39 AM
    My phone spontaneously rebooted at 7am sharp today when I was listening to a podcast. Hasn't happened in a long time by itself. I was thinking maybe Verizon or Google pushed an update that forced a restart without telling me (phone was in my pocket so I wouldn't have seen a message).

Anyway, my brother who also has a DX tells me today he woke to find his phone frozen at a boot loader message.

This makes me think VZW pushed some kind of update today. Anyone know what it might be?
    Was it the gingerbread update?
    07-28-2011 10:39 AM
    My phone rebooted about 15 minutes ago as well. I am located in Des Moines , IA and I happened to look over and saw the red "M" and it rebooted quickly. not sure what happened. I have had it do this before, not sure if it has something built in to do that periodically or not.

I wish there were a log somewhere in the phone that would tell what just happened, heck there is everything else there.
    07-28-2011 10:49 AM
    What does it say under settings/about phone/system version and android version?
    07-28-2011 10:57 AM
    Android version 2.3.3, and no I already had the Gingerbread update weeks and weeks ago. This is the X, remember, not the X2.

System Version: 4.5.596.MB810.Verizon.en.US
    07-28-2011 01:41 PM
    Strange. That's the standard GB.
    07-28-2011 01:57 PM
    My brother's phone is back up and running again after he pulled the battery, waited a while, and then put it back in to charge it up again.

No harm done, it seems.
    07-28-2011 03:53 PM
    I think there would be word if there was an update today, more users would probably be reporting it as well
    07-28-2011 05:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD