In the past week I've started to have a tremendous amount of issues with my phone. I'm hoping that I'm not going nuts and that others are experiencing it as well. Here's what is happening:

I'll be typing, it doesn't matter if it's in the stock messaging app, Google Voice, Gmail or any other interface, and all of the sudden the keyboard will just disappear. When I click in the text field again to continue editing, either the field will not display what I type (though it is there once I submit it), or the keyboard will disappear every time I enter a space.

I've tried rebooting. I've tried disabling predictive text corrections, capitalization and punctuation. I've even tried force closing the offending application at the time. Nothing resolves this issue, it happens without rhyme or reason and is making my phone unusable.

Has anyone else encountered this? Has anyone found a way to get rid of it? Maybe using a third-party keyboard from the market?

I've got a Droid X on Verizon, running 2.3.3. No root, no roms, plenty of memory.

Part of me can't help but wonder if Moto somehow is triggering bugs in their phones to get people primed to upgrade to newer devices. It's extremely frustrating because I haven't had a single issue with this phone since I got it when it first came out.

Someone please reply, let me know I'm not alone in this.

Thanks
    07-29-2011 09:58 AM
    For anyone else suffering from this issue, I found the stock keyboard was the culprit.

I installed this free keyboard from the market and have since had no issues.
    07-29-2011 01:01 PM
    I was facing the same problems. This keyboard seems like a great alternative, thanks!
    08-01-2011 02:48 PM
    Swipe keyboard also fixes
    08-02-2011 07:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD