CrackBerry Facebook hack

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I haven't yet. I am going to though, as soon as my little brother will let me use his Blackberry to log in. He is the only person I know well who still has a BlackBerry. Honestly though, even if it does work, I don't think it will make me switch back from Friendcaster Pro. That app just works better in all the areas that Facebook claims to.

By the way...as a Indianapolis Colts season ticket holder, your avatar offends me. :p

SouthernSaltine

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
First off, as a PSL and season ticket holder myself...Suck it Colts fans! Lol....J/K.. :) I did get into a Verizon store today and on a BB. IT WORKS!!! Should have seen the 3 VZW reps when I told them I didn't need any help, just a BB to get my Android facebook to work right...lol...I get push notifications immediately now! I can't believe that this is the fix for us Android users. (DX)

TallyHo

Junkie
Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I have. I logged in to the BB FB app on my work phone. I instantly received a FB notification on my DX. I was skeptical as I came from a BB. I had previously removed y BB FB permissions. I went ahead and tried it and it works perfectly. I get notifications instantly now.

I have CM7 on my DX.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

SouthernSaltine

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I have. I logged in to the BB FB app on my work phone. I instantly received a FB notification on my DX. I was skeptical as I came from a BB. I had previously removed y BB FB permissions. I went ahead and tried it and it works perfectly. I get notifications instantly now.

I have CM7 on my DX.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I did the same thing.. Removed the BB permissions when i got my DX.. Who would have Thunkit!!

Ahowe125

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I guess this new found fix could be legit. I always wondered why everyone complained about notifications on the Facebook program. I always seemed to get them pretty quickly, almost instant like the email notifications. I was previously a Storm 2 user, and never removed that application setting.

So I guess this could really help some of you guys out, off to the Verizon store you go! But I would make sure you log out before you leave, lol

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
unbelievably.....THIS WORKS!!!! it is now working on my X and my wife's D1. she's thrilled. I used a girl i work with's BB and logged into both my wife and my fb account...let them load up...then logged out. i checked my privacy settings online and the FB for Blackberry app was granted access to our accounts. from that point on both my wife and I have been receiving instant notifications on our phones. and i mean instant. we tested sending inbox messages to one another and literally within 1 or 2 seconds of sending a message...the other persons phone would receive the notification!!

SouthernSaltine

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I guess this new found fix could be legit. I always wondered why everyone complained about notifications on the Facebook program. I always seemed to get them pretty quickly, almost instant like the email notifications. I was previously a Storm 2 user, and never removed that application setting.

So I guess this could really help some of you guys out, off to the Verizon store you go! But I would make sure you log out before you leave, lol

I logged out then did a full system wipe on the device i used! LOL....

HES

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Worked for me. The only hiccup was that I had to uninstall the FB app from my phone first and then reinstall it after I added the BB service to my FB.

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I finally got a chance to log into the Facebook app on a Blackberry & I am now getting push notifications through the Android app.

Kudos to whoever found this fix!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21