New sd card issues.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I bought a new sd card from Amazon the other day. It's a Lexar 16 gig class 6 card. I formatted it in the phone first, then copied all my other cards data to it. I had a number of problems, like all my custom ringtones were no longer assigned to the contacts, my pictures were there but wouldn't show up in gallery (I fixed this by searching for and deleting all files called .nomedia), my Beautiful Widgets time keeps NOT showing one or two of the numbers on the clock, and the phone freezes up quite often, requiring a battery pull to fix. None of these issues presented with my other card.

I'm in the process of re-formatting the card and re-copying the data back to it, because I don't know anything else to try. Does anyone have any other ideas why a new card would cause this? I know Lexar is a good company.

Last edited:

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
i know that whenever i wipe and flash a new rom, or install a rom backup, stuff like custom ringtones gets borked up for some reason, so it probably has something to do with the app itself and not the card. ive never had any beautiful widgets issues or any issues with the phone locking up.

Reactions: greydarrah

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
i know that whenever i wipe and flash a new rom, or install a rom backup, stuff like custom ringtones gets borked up for some reason, so it probably has something to do with the app itself and not the card. ive never had any beautiful widgets issues or any issues with the phone locking up.

Thanks. I just reformatted using an sd card reformatting app and loaded my junk. I'll see how it goes.