Suggestions

sparker781

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if this falls under the rooting questions or not so if it idoes feel free to move it there.

I have the official VZW GB on my Droid X and have read about these issues that I've been getting such as random reboots and the like. Is there any good ROMS out there that might be worth rooting my phone for? I really appreicate some feedback.

Thanks

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
You've read about them or experienced them? I've read about people who've been hit with earthquakes and tornadoes, but that doesn't mean I'm boarding up the windows. Many people have a perfectly functional Gingerbread install running, some people aren't as lucky.

However, if you want to explore ROMs (and you're OK with losing your warranty) there are plenty of good ones out there. Liberty is a decent ROM based on the Moto GB release (so you keep HDMI support and have access to most Blur apps like the camera). CM7 is a popular AOSP ROM which is built from scratch. But the only ROM that's problem free is the one you never power on - each has quirks and your setup, installed apps, and personal preferences will make it difficult to predict which will be the "best" for you.

sparker781

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Well I've experienced them. Random reboots of my phone after it's turned off. The touch screen losing it's calibration so it's not as accurate, And the battery is horrible. Other than that things are going swimmingly. I am not sure if I even want to own this phone anymore. I did a factory reset and it's running so slowly!!