"The Motorola StarTAC was once in every pocket, the must-have phone for celebrities and technophiles in the late '90s; today, the company is merely a blip in the rearview mirror. On Monday, Google announced it was buying Motorola's cellphone division for $12.5 billion dollars -- not because Google wanted to start making phones (though don't rule that out), but mainly to shore up its patent portfolio.

Read more: Apple vs. Google: Who Will Own the Tech World? - FoxNews.com

That is very interesting.
    08-15-2011 05:43 PM
    Is the Bionic in the rear view mirror already? I have been waiting so long and now I missed it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    08-15-2011 06:05 PM
    I dont know with the stratosphere, bionic, and vigor its hard to tell whats what anymore. Its OK though, my X is still just about as good as anything coming out so Im not impatient about my April 2012 upgrade wait
    08-16-2011 09:46 PM
    only fox would have a stupidly named article like that. neither will win, they will only find there place. every week we hear android selling more, but then it comes out apple is outselling nokia but Samsung is closing in.... so take whatever these news outlets say with a grain of salt.

only time will tell.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    08-17-2011 06:47 AM
    I fiqure since Google mainly wanted the patents that's really it on that .
    I think Google will leave Motorola's cellphone division to continue operating as it has in the past.But only the furture will tell the tale for sure on that
    08-17-2011 11:38 AM
    I just read a short article about what the fees would be on both sides if one or the other decided to pull out. Sounds like these companies like making hot air and spreading it out to us. But this is the universe we live in.
    08-17-2011 02:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD