droid x over heating

OdinStormer

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully you guys can help me.

My DROID x has been over heating like crazy! It gets so hot I have to pull the battery out because turning it off doesn't help. The battery will drain in 15 minutes. And when it does, I connect the charger but it wont charge. Ill get a solid green light. It wont turn on or charge. When I check battery usage, it shows the display at 68% and its on the lowest setting possible for display.

The phone has all the latest updates. I had to factory reset it. It only has stock apps.

Could this be a defective. Battery problem?
Thanks in advance for any help!

tsargent347

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
its sounds like it may b something with the device..im not an expert but if you arent overclocked from what i know and what ive read overclocking will heat the phone up and drain a battery..but if you arent it may just be the phone..i know im not to much help but someone who knows a little more than i should respond to you quickly..ill help with anything i can but help is on the way just b patient

OdinStormer

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Im not rooted or anything. Pure stick MOTOBLUR. I ordered a new battery from android central. Hopefully that's solves my problem. Thanks for the reply

OdinStormer

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Im not rooted or anything. Pure stock MOTOBLUR. I ordered a new battery from android central. Hopefully that solves my problem. Thanks for the reply

roberte1342

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
The battery will stop charging when hot enough. Happens all the time while using it in my hot car.
Doesn't explain what is causing the excessive heat and drain especially if you are indoors.
You might consider another factory reset but uncheck 'Backup Settings' when setting up your google account. It is possible that corrupt settings are being reintroduced after they are synced back in from google.

[tapatalk - shadow]

OdinStormer

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
It turned out to be the battery. This new battery fixed everything. No more over heating no more draining. It was a defective battery. Thank god. Didn't want to pay for another DROID x. Holding onto my upgrade till something better is out to replace this.

Thanks all!