New Android Market sucks for updating apps

gordol

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
The new Market apps sucks here. I check for updates, and it finds one, so after checking the "what's new" I update it. The update appears successful, but it's still listed as having an update available with an "Update" button on the app's info page. Lather, rinse, repeat. Or it'll apparently successfully update and then 10 minutes later tell me there's an update available. Or it'll tell me that there's an update available for an app, but when I tap on it the info page only has buttons for "Open" or "Uninstall".

WTF?

It's failing like this about half the time.

Rocko

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I agree. Mine is doing the same thing. Send feedback via the Market. The more they hear about this the better chance they will fix it.

InfinityDevil

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I agree. Now I can't really tell if something has an update or not, and it will re-download something massive like a game when it thinks there's an update and there isn't one. That has the potential to cost people money in data overcharges!

Come on Google, you couldn't figure this out before you launched the market?

SuperChargedJ

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
The new Market apps sucks here. I check for updates, and it finds one, so after checking the "what's new" I update it. The update appears successful, but it's still listed as having an update available with an "Update" button on the app's info page. Lather, rinse, repeat. Or it'll apparently successfully update and then 10 minutes later tell me there's an update available. Or it'll tell me that there's an update available for an app, but when I tap on it the info page only has buttons for "Open" or "Uninstall".

WTF?

It's failing like this about half the time.

+1

Google, I love you but get your **** together with this Market.

gordol

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Just got the following email back from Google:

Hey there,

Thanks for contacting us with feedback about the newest version of Android
Market. This is a known issue and we're working on a resolution. We
appreciate all the insight we get from our users, and I'll certainly take
this back to the team so we can continue to make improvements in the
future. Please don't hesitate to contact us again if you experience any
other issues or have additional feedback on Android Market.

To receive more information on known issues please visit:

https://www.google.com/support/androidmarket/bin/static.py?hl=en&page=known_issues.cs

If I can assist you further, please let me know.

Regards,

Kevin
The Android Market Team

Ace4

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed this on mine as well, however it seems to be a time thing. Basically some app updates will say "app updated" in the notification bar, however the progress bar in the app update page sits at 100%. If you let it sit for 15-20 seconds, it will eventually show complete there. If you leave the app update page before it shows complete there, the market doesn't seem to record that it was updated.

gordol

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed this on mine as well, however it seems to be a time thing. Basically some app updates will say "app updated" in the notification bar, however the progress bar in the app update page sits at 100%. If you let it sit for 15-20 seconds, it will eventually show complete there. If you leave the app update page before it shows complete there, the market doesn't seem to record that it was updated.

I've let it sit there with the progress bar still running while the status bar says "updated" for two and a half minutes with no change. Exiting and re-entering the update page may then show it as updated or it may show it as having an update available to download/install.

blaidth

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I noticed appbrain seems to get it right. I have been using it lately to check my updates. Just makes me sad when I see all the updates needed for amazon market programs and then no update yet available.

jak112460

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
Mine shows Youtube needing and update but no way to update it. By the way has anyone had an update for any Angry Birds? I am waiting for Seasons and Rio to update.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes on my dx the first time it shows updates available, the click to update the update function isn't there but when I check back at a later time it's is.
So I am able to update eventually, fiqure its a market issue.
The first time this happened I would just uninstall the market update in application settings,(but wouldn't be long till went back to new market) but seeing it eventually would update with new market now I just wait til I have that function available.

sent using TaPaTaLk

mikesmith

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Found possibly a little work around.

I restarted my phone and had 17 apps that needed to be "updated" when only 3 actually needed to be. So I hit Update 17 then hit Stop. The apps that didn't need updating disappeared and the apps that actually needed to be updated stayed.

gordol

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
This morning, the Market gave me three updates: Nook, Go SMS and Angry Birds. The Nook app took two tries before its update flag got reset (status bar says update successful but app listing still said "Update"). The other two, no problem. Then tonight, I get a notification that Angry Birds has an update available - and it's the same version I got this morning. On top of that, while the My Apps list says update available, opening it does not have the Update button, it has the Open button.

This Market app version SUCKS!

mikesmith

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
My market just updated. Anyone know if the update fixed the problem (fingers crossed) or was it just a minor update?

EDIT: Nope. Updated a few apps yesterday and after restarting my phone only one app is showing up that doesn't need updating. Some progress.

Last edited:

Rocko

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
My market just updated. Anyone know if the update fixed the problem (fingers crossed) or was it just a minor update?

EDIT: Nope. Updated a few apps yesterday and after restarting my phone only one app is showing up that doesn't need updating. Some progress.

What version of market do you have now?

I get notifications that updates are available but when I go to my apps, it does not say any of them need updating like the old market did-where it kept them in a separate row.

pioneerkaren

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
DROID3 ..My updates NEVER finish installing. The status bar spins and spins, but never completes. Most of my apps I can't even use anymore without updates. I've tried everything I can think of but nothing works. :mad:

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
DROID3 ..My updates NEVER finish installing. The status bar spins and spins, but never completes. Most of my apps I can't even use anymore without updates. I've tried everything I can think of but nothing works. :mad:

Anytime my Market app acts up, I always find that clearing the data & cache in the app settings fixes it. Try that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz