Sign out of Google Talk

kirnkorner2001

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if this is a specific Droid X problem or not, but I figure I'd start here and move up the chain if need be.

I can't seem to sign out of Google Talk on the phone. I hit the menu button, and then Sign Out, but if my wife has her Google Talk open on the computer it still shows me as signed in. I've tried numerous things, even force closing the app on the phone, but it constantly shows me as signed in.

If it would just be my wife, I wouldn't be too concerned (she knows I'm not online all the time). However, I also use GTalk for work (mostly the standalone desktop client on PCs), I work in the IT dept, so if someone sees me "online", they think they can ask me a question, and get a response. This has turned into a problem 3 times in the past week.

So how do I sign out of Google Talk on the phone? I'd actually like to just delete the app, but I know that's not an option without rooting the phone.

kirnkorner2001

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I have that unchecked already. Oddly when I tap on the Talk icon, it just signs in, doesn't prompt me for a password or anything. Seems like there's a glitch somewhere.

itijain

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Hello Sir,

I am also facing the problem ie: not able to sign out gmail account from mobile..but it does not show that i am signed out from other accounts.
Kindly acknowledge me with the solution.
email removed by moderator

Thank You!
Good day!

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad