Time to replace battery?

tom.gos#AC

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Recenlty my battery life has decreased significantly, dropping to 50% in 4 hours of very little use. I don't see any new or unsual services or apps running, so I'm thinking it may be time to replace the battery. I'm using the Motorola extended battery (BH6X) and it is only about 8 months old. This seems like a pretty short lifespan for a battery. I'm wondering how frequently others are finding they need to replace a battery. Thanks.

dictoresno

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
that does seem pretty short life span. have you tried to recalibrate the battery by using the app available in the market?? i know on the atrix, i deleted the battery stats after loading a new rom and used the app to make sure the battery was calibrated correctly to the right level.

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Do you still have your original battery? It might help to use it as a comparison, to see whether it's really a battery aging problem, or if something else is draining them more quickly.

I hope the extended batteries will last longer than 8 months. Mine is is almost 14 months old, and hanging in nicely so far.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk