issues with clearing dalvik cache

Evo10

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
i tried to clear my dalvik cache last night because i heard it makes your phone a bit snappier. i am unrooted on .602 and in the process i was stuck at the little android guy with the exclamation point in the triangle. i ended up doing a battery pull because i figured it was stuck there. anyway how long should this take and did i even do it right?

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Try hitting buttons when you've been on that screen for a few seconds, I think you need to hit search to bring up the menu but with so many bootloaders I may be off on that one.

Evo10

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I hit search and everything. I tried every button and nothing! Im not sure if it was just taking a long time or it froze..

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
That is not how you clear the "Dalvik Cache". It seems as though you are trying to clear the "Cache". If you are not changing ROMS frequently there is no need to clear the Dalvik Cache.

To clear the "Cache" for GB:

Gingerbread ? Hold down power and home buttons>wait for droid triangle>press volume up & down simultaneous> select wipe cache>use power button to select>reboot system.

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes when the phone starts acting funny it's because something it wrote to cache is corrupt. In general clearing cache isn't very destructive, but it does slow things down temporarily on loading apps (for example, your next boot may take longer since it needs to write a ton of stuff back to cache). If your phone is fine there's no reason to do so, but I wipe cache whenever I update my ROM just on general principles.

Reactions: Simonbarsinistr

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca