Droid X update this morning to 4.5.605.en.us

pixelsyndicate

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
heads-up... just got a System version update for DroidX.
My sys version is now 4.5.605.MB810.Verizon.en.US

the alert I received stating it was downloaded and ready to install was that it was 4.5.605.en.us

I was rooted, but now am not. going to see if I can re-root.

Wil :(

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Good luck & thanks for the heads-up. I've been waiting for that shoe to drop, and I did get a notification late last night that an upgrade was available. I suspect that was the 605, but it didn't perform the update.

I just went and renamed my updater. apk file to updater.apk.bak in the hope that will prevent it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

pixelsyndicate

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
update to update:
I was able to swiftly re-root with "DROID 3 easy root script v7".

I was a bit concerned there may have been some shenanigans with the way VZ detects wifi-tethering, and I see they must have put in something because now using WiFi Tether causes my browser to display the selfprovisioning page for 3G hotspot... :( ARG

:mad:

jcarlosfox

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
update to update:
I was a bit concerned there may have been some shenanigans with the way VZ detects wifi-tethering, and I see they must have put in something because now using WiFi Tether causes my browser to display the selfprovisioning page for 3G hotspot... :( ARG

:mad:

I tested Wifi Teather last week, before the update, and got the same page. Safe to say that "feature" is dead for now. I hear some readers saying "Challenge Accepted" and can only imagine that this will soon change.

jemalone

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I have not seen the upgrade yet, I just checked and it was not there. What does this upgrade do if you know.

thanks

Jack

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
For Wi-fi tethering, try a market app called WiFi Tethering from OpenGarden, Inc. Seems users on the X(as well as other devices) are having success with it.

stieber73

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
If I were to update, because I am rooted, will the Motorola One click root still work for me?

heads-up... just got a System version update for DroidX.
My sys version is now 4.5.605.MB810.Verizon.en.US

the alert I received stating it was downloaded and ready to install was that it was 4.5.605.en.us

I was rooted, but now am not. going to see if I can re-root.

Wil :(

bman123

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
This update fixed my reoccurring data loss. My 3g would cut out until I did a factory reset now its working great. I never had any keyboard issues so I can't comment on that

spun2u

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm attempting to download the update, but the install keeps failing. :confused:

Not sure why, I'm rooted but that has never caused an update to fail before.

Finsol

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Im just wondering if someone can link me to motorola one click everyone's talking about.

And to the poster above me are you runnin a custom rom or stocm with root? Ive just updated while rooted and it took, running stock with root.

jmlivingston

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Received the update this morning, did not need to unroot to install it. Lost root access, re-ran the Easy Root script and have root back again. Easy stuff.... phone's been a bit "quirky" recently, hope this latest update smooths it out a little.

robocp4

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
got the update here a few min ago and i am not rooted
guess i will find out what it fixes lol

** well just updated and well nothing diff so far that i can see**

Last edited: