Ford/Microsoft Sync question

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Just got a 2011 Ford F150 Supercrew with the sync system and I'm loving it.

What I'd like to know is if there's a way to make my Droid X default to Slacker Radio rather than the stock audio player for Bluetooth Audio streaming? If I manually start Slacker before activating the Bluetooth audio streaming in the truck it's fine but if I enable bluetooth audio first my X just fires up the music player and starts playing the last mp3 I had played previously.

Any ideas?

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I have no such system; so, can't help. I am curious how good the music sounds when played via Bluetooth to your sound system.

Are you able to use the speakerphone and hear the caller through your car speakers?

Thank you.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Sounds great actually and yes the sync system auto lowers the music when an incoming call is received then resumes when you disconnect. I'm very surprised how well it works.

Reactions: TBolt

ShanMan

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Id love to have an answer for this one as well as I have a Motorola Roadster bluetooth carspeaker that I use to transmit my music via its FM transmitter to my car radio and a Sony Ericsson bluetooth headset that I have the same problem with. Both have built in audio controls that if I use them instead of the ones on my phone cause the default stock music player to start playing and thus overriding any player Im currently using be it Pandora, Google Music, Double-twist etc.

And congrats on the new truck btw, Ive already got my F150 SuperCrew picked out for Christmas.

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Try "Media Button Router" in the market - it seems to partially work so far. It won't start slacker radio for me but at least it prevents the stock media player form auto launching. My Sync will even say "play with slacker" but I still have press the play button on my phone. It's a start at least...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmitrbol