How many widgets are too many widgets?

snppr22

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I use a lot of widgets, I am guessing I use more than most people. Usually I have the following widgets by defualt:

Android Pro Widget - People
Android Pro Widget - Bookmarks
Blur Power Control
Tesla LED (power control style)
Audio Manager (small)
DeskSMS
Beautiful Today 1x1
Beautiful Weather 1x1
SoundHound
6 Circle Launchers

Here is what I want to know - is this slowing my phone down as much as I think? I use a lot of apps. Well I have a lot installed. I try to delete apps I dont use much, but I find myself using a lot of them enough that it is worth it to keep them. I have checked my RAM and Battery Usage Stats and none of my widgets, or their applications seem to be hogging space. But my phone is painfully slow. Tweetdeck force closes constantly, the SoundHound widget is unreliable, LauncherPro+ constantly crashes (I switched to Go Launcher for a bit but had the same problem). I am very much ready for a new device, but I want to wait for some of the stuff that is rumored to be coming. I am really hoping someone can shed some light on this.

I am currently rooted on .602/.13P, I have some mods such as I have Swype Beta and a custom battery icon. I have also uninstalled some bloat and frozen some things I don't use. I really hope someone knows what is going on!

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
here is a common thing that gets overlooked: if you are using LPP, do you still have widgets and shortcuts on your stock launcher that you arent using? the stock launcher is always running, even if you arent using it, and if you have widgets and shortcuts still on it, that would certainly be a source for your issues.

snppr22

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Wow, what I never thought of that. I never even used Blur. I just downloaded LPP and started from there, I'm sure the whole default is still set up. I'll give that a try just as soon as I figure out how to get back to Blur.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I would also clear your phones cache. In addition, if you have experimented with different ROMS , I would suggest clearing the "Dalvik Cache" as well. Also, I was having alot of FC issues until I disabled the auto rotate feature in LLP. Since disabling that feature FC's are gone.

Last edited:

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Wow, what I never thought of that. I never even used Blur. I just downloaded LPP and started from there, I'm sure the whole default is still set up. I'll give that a try just as soon as I figure out how to get back to Blur.

two ways to do this. either go into launcherpro in your applications menu and press "clear defaults" so you get prompted when you hit the home button as to which launcher you want to go t, or download an app from the market called "home switcher" that lets you freely switch between home applications

snppr22

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the help. Turns out it was a process for me. I had set LPP as the default for Widget Locker so it took until I figured out to clear it from there. Then I had to SBF anyway so I remembered to do it when I rebooted. Thanks again.