Upgrade

RJT50

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I LOVE my Droid X, but when it comes time to upgrade what should I consider for a new phone. I do intend to hold on to my DX until the bitter end.

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
That is a difficult decision. You could make a Pros/Cons list or something similar in front of you(whiteboards are great for this) and another of the available devices now, and the devices available in the next quarter or two. I'm already doing that, even though my full upgrade isnt until April 2012. I still cannot find a reason to upgrade my X, even if it were upgrade day today.

borgdog

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm up in December, and I'm holding out for Samsung Note or something similar. 5"+ screen will really be able to replace most of my ereader and ipad usage. Played with a Sprint Galaxy S II (Epic 4G Touch) the other day, and even the 4.52" screen is an improvement. Size does matter. And LTE is a must for whatever I get.

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
i would wait until at least after CTIA (which is in january, i think) before deciding on what to upgrade to from the X. either that or if the prime lives up to the hype, that would probably be among the worthiest of successors

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
My take on upgrading is wait. I've been off contract long enough with my X and really nothing is really worth it. Especially when the jump to LTE messes with my "unlimited" data. All I know is that I'm holding out as long as I can to get any new phone almost specifically because the data pricing is ridiculous. Now if pricing isn't a factor, I agree with terpitude. Wait for CTIA to show the next line of "latest and greatest". Again, it's all my .02

WAldenIV

MacGyver Wannabe
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
If you're holding out until the bitter end with your DX, there is no way to know what phones and technology will even be available when you're ready to get a new phone.