Wifi & 3G both "connected" but neither really working

dmlangdon

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
This may already be covered under another thread that I haven't located yet, but I have a weird problem I need help with.

I have 3G data with no problems. When I attempt to connect to a local Wifi (open, WPA, etc.) I connect and then either get immediately disconnected or I get both the Wifi and 3G icons displayed in the status bar and neither indicates activity strength or action. I see 3-4 bars in the status window for the Wifi network I am trying to connect to, but can't seem to keep the signal. This appeared to happen intermittently with .602 and more often with .605. I SBFed back to .602 and now can not consistently connect to Wifi and keep it at all. As noted, I was able to connect to these networks before without any problems, especially on Froyo, but not GB.

My phone is rooted, but I am not running anything real exceptional that I am aware of. Things that may be an issue (but weren't before) are Juice Defender and Autokiller Memory Optimizer.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

seanubis

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed something similar on my own DX (.605, stock, rooted) - sometimes seeing both 3G and WiFi in the status bar.

I've not noticed a loss of connectivity along with it though - when it happens, my WiFi connection is still working.

dmlangdon

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Usually I have no connectivity. Many times, after connecting and saying it has a strong signal, the wireless gets dropped and I only have 3G. Very annoying. Wish I could figure out what is going on that the 3G is not turning off when the wireless connection is made. Even happens if, using Widgetsoid, I turn 3G/Mobile data off - 3G still appears to stay active, hanging everything up.

bubbadog

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Mine is completely stock, not rooted & works perfectly. WiFi turns off 3G & 3G turns back on when WiFi is turned off.

semarch

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Same problem started right after the Gingerbread update. Called Verizon support and they stated that they've had a few calls about this very same issue. No resolution from them other than to replace my phone.
Got new unit from them and after performing all the necessary steps to activate. All is good now. Gingerbread and all.
BTW I'm a stock user.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781