Images from Emails Showing Up in Gallery

charbaugh

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I have a strange issue that has occured. I just replaced my Droid X due to a device failure, and now any image that is in am email (i.e. company logo is someone's signature) is now showing up in my photo gallery. Even stranger, it is creating a 'folder' within the gallery per image. This was not happening on my previous device.

My two questions are 1) how can I delete thes files in mass? I have browsed through all of my folders through the explorer, but cannot find them. 2) how can I stop this from happening in the future?

Edit: I forgot to mention I am using Touchdown Exchange for my corporate emails.

gordol

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
To delete them en mass, you need to delete them from the parent folder. Gallery doesn't tell you where they are, but QuickPic does. Use a file manager to delete from the parent. Once you determine where that is, it may be easier to do it by plugging into a computer and using the desktop file manager to browse to the mounted card and delete that way.

The images are being saved, apparently. If you're not doing that manually, then your mail client apparently is doing it automatically. Find the setting and change it.

lsmunoz

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Touchdown has a setting to not store attachments in the gallery. Go into settings -> advanced tab -> Options box of check boxes, look for exclude attachments from Gallery.

Reactions: Cuda13

JDHunz

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
This is good to know...I've not had the problem myself, but I can see where it would be a real PITA if every time you got an email, pics started getting saved...ugh!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon