Screen just cracked on its own :(

deadlift425

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I didnt see any threads on this forum about cracked screens. I have taken care of this phone from the beginning(July 2010). Screen protector, case, and have never dropped the phone on anything besides a foam bed.

While I am eating my dinner today, all of a sudden I hear a crack. I look around and see nothing. Low and behold a few minutes later, I notice my phone has a big ol crack on the top left side of the phone. I know its hard to believe it happened on its own, but I check my phone on a regular basis to keep it clean and free of smudges. Very disappointed that a $500 phone has
cheap glass. :(

Last edited:

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
It doesnt, it has Gorilla Glass. Are you using any extended battery or style of case that would apply more pressure than factory casing does? If your saying it happened on it's own then that is likely the most reasonable cause.

deadlift425

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
It doesnt, it has Gorilla Glass. Are you using any extended battery or style of case that would apply more pressure than factory casing does? If your saying it happened on it's own then that is likely the most reasonable cause.

Nope. Just a silicone case that slides right over the phone. Stock batteries are the only thing I use!

Last edited:

Simonbarsinistr

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
This can happen with any hardened glass. Any tiny imperfection that gets by quality control can cause a failure like that. I once had a tempered shower enclosure door pop on its own when no one was in the bathroom, or had even showered that day. Its a rare occurrence.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox