Battery Drain

dbigham

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
This has just started in about the last week that I have really noticed it but my battery has been draining at an incredibly fast rate all of sudden. Basically to the point where you can watch it fall. I have got a new 1800 mAh battery this week and it is just as bad on it or worse. My battery has completely died three times today after a full charge and pretty limited use, a few calls, emails, and some texts and a little tweetcaster.

Any ideas on why this would be or what I can do to fix this, a lot of times I am out in working in an area where a charger is not an option so a functioning phone is very important.

Looking at my battery usage it attributes (from the most recent charge) that
27% phone idle
25% display
21% cell standby
11% moto contacts
7% voice calls

Thanks! any help is appreciated. Running 4.5.588 Gingerbread

gordol

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Did anything change between when it was fine and when the drain started? As an example, last week I noted that my battery was draining faster than normal as well. I also noticed that my GPS icon was showing at semi-random times, when it had no cause to because I wasn't using any location based service, and I was deep enough inside an office building to make GPS reception impossible.

What changed on my setup was, I believe, the installation of Layar. So yesterday, I removed it, and I'll see if that makes any difference.

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I suggest installing something like the Battery Graph app, which can help you isolate the times that battery drain is excessive, and help to home in on the culprit.

In my own experience, I've experienced the most precipitous battery drain while away from WiFi, and in an area where the phone is struggling to find a decent cell signal, and in the worst case, going into roam.

I once watched my DX drain from 70% to 20% within a half hour, in my doctor's waiting room, and it became apparent that the weak cell signal was causing my problem. I have since been more careful to put the phone in airplane mode when I see it struggling that way, and always disable WiFi while away from home, and enable it again when I get home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome