Camera problem - Pics disappear

Nard Dog

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I have been having a problem with my X lately. When I take a pic, it just disappears. It does not show up in the camera roll, the gallery, or the dcim folder. I was thinking maybe I accidentally changed the folder that they're stored in, but I would think they'd still show up in the gallery or camera roll. Any ideas?

jsharp

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure that it is a bug in the software. It happened on both mine and my wife's x. I could not find any solution sorry to say. I am now running miui and she is running cm7. Both roms have no issues with the camera.

jsharp

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I know there are other camera apps out there. I'm not sure if that will help since I never used any of them. I did a wipe. I cleared cashe. The only thing that would work for me was to unmount the sd card and remount it. But that only helped for a day or so and then the problem was back.

Give Verizon a call and see if they can help. (Probably will just have you do a factory reset.)

Sorry I know how you feel.

taz5262

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Look for the file in the GALLERY that will not "Preview". My camera was freezing up until i deleted all files with error (files that didnt preview).

Nard Dog

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Quick update. The problem came back, so I took to the Verizon store and they very willingly replaced the SD card. It's been working better than ever so far.

mpgo4th

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Mine started doing that last week. At first the camera app wouldnt open, then when it did I could take a pic but it wouldnt show up in the corner. I factory wiped the phone and its been working fine for a week.

rvrat

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
New to the group, figure i would chime in with my situation...

Stock Atrix w/ Gingerbread
NO SD card, internal storage

After i have taken photos, and then gone back to the gallery, after a day or week or whatever (happened multiple times) to review, it says there are no photos in my gallery.

This happens using stock camera/gallery as well as camera/gallery apps.

I have powered off/on the phone and problem persists

I have battery pulled and problem persists.

Eventually after a continous random battery pull and/or power off/on, it will the show all my photos in the gallery.

WTF, any thoughts... Also, this happens regardless if in Launcher Pro or back on stock Motorolla homescreen.

roaddog3380

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I've been having the same problems with my camera and now my sd card will not recognize. I have a dorid x that was just replaced recently. I would take a pic and it would show up in the lower left corner but when I pull up the camera roll, I could not view the pic. Now my sd card is not working. I have the little notification icon in the top left corner that says "sd card blank or has unsupported file system". Just started doing it last night. Is this something that Verizon will fix or will I have to buy a new sd card?

roaddog3380

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Update: Called Verizon today, they are shipping me another replacement phone (#2), and got Motorolla to send me a new SD card. They tried to tell me that the Droid X shipped with a 2 GB memory card. Uh no, mine came with a 16 GB memory card. I am becoming disapointed with motorolla and this android system!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech