Droid X completely unresponsive.

joep4618

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone. I am having some trouble with my Droid X. Yesterday while I was in class it was acting up slightly being slow other common problems I have run into before. I pulled the battery, which I have done countless times when my Droid has some problems. When I replaced the battery the phone is completely unresponsive. It will not turn on, it will not boot into recovery or anything. I have plugged it in and left it plugged in for hours. No green light, nothing at all. I have a feeling the problem is battery related but I don't have a multi meter to check. I can see if the battery from my mom's phone works (she has the same phone) but that won't be till next weekend. Any ideas of a fix now? Has anyone else ever had this problem? I looked through this forum and a few others and found nothing like this happening to anyone. Hopefully it's something that can be fixed.

EDIT: Also it is not rooted and is running the latest version of android released for the Droid X if that helps.

Last edited:

gordol

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
You could always take it to a VZW store and see if another battery from there will turn it on. And if not, then they are also the best place to take it to for diagnostics or replacement.

joep4618

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
I will see if I can get to a Verizon store this week. Last time I had problems there because the phone contract wasn't in my name, it's in my mom's name. I was really just wondering if this has ever happened to anyone else or if anyone has heard of it happening. I honestly have no idea what could have happened.

gordol

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I will see if I can get to a Verizon store this week. Last time I had problems there because the phone contract wasn't in my name, it's in my mom's name. I was really just wondering if this has ever happened to anyone else or if anyone has heard of it happening. I honestly have no idea what could have happened.
Shouldn't be too much of a problem. The clerk or tech should be able to call the account owner to verify that you are on the plan. And/or the account owner can make you authorized to request repair work.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site

I'd SBF the phone.

joep4618

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
So I haven't had a chance to take my phone to a Verizon store, but I swapped out the battery with my moms Droid X and it seemed to boot right up. I ordered a new battery online popped it in last night and plugged it in. Still nothing at all. I am really disappointed in this phone. I have had it just over a year and never did anything with the software, always the OTA update and never running a root. This is probably the last Motorola phone I buy.

PappaFloyd

Dab King
Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
That's lame, I've never heard of this happening when you wern't tinkering with it. I'd take it to Verizon and get a replacement.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois