Internal storage - how to?

gordol

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm starting to look at some tablets (used Thrives and Iconas, specifically) and this has got me wondering... how the frak do I access the built-in storage on an Android, anyway? When I plug my Droid X into my computer, I only have access to the miniSD card to store files on. The X has, according to itself, over 6GB of internal storage free but the only things I can figure out how to get in there are installed apps.

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I know it's frustrating on the DX to have all that internal memory dedicated to apps. I've had mine for over a year and a half and haven't filled 1 gb yet.

That problem doesn't exist in Honeycomb, and presumably ICS - File Manager on them reports all user accessible internal memory, with an sdcard directory within, that looks like an sdcard, and shares memory space with the system stuff and apps. You will be able to manage files to and from it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Reactions: gordol

gordol

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
That problem doesn't exist in Honeycomb, and presumably ICS - File Manager on them reports all user accessible internal memory, with an sdcard directory within, that looks like an sdcard, and shares memory space with the system stuff and apps. You will be able to manage files to and from it.
Thank you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2