In the last few weeks my Droid X has out of nowhere gone into Silent Mode. I find the three vertical squiggly lines in the top notification bar. The first time I had to look up online what they meant, then went into settings and found under Settings>Sound>Silent Mode checked in the circle. This has happened at least three times, without me going to settings to change anything. Not sure if something I'm pressing is doing this, but I certainly am not trying to do this. Anyone know why this is happening? I'm on system version 4.5.596MB810.
    02-06-2012 02:07 PM
    I'm having this too. It seems to be going to silent every night. Seems to be some sort of night mode, but I cant seem to find the relevant setting.
    02-08-2012 02:26 AM
    I am having this problem too. Forums have suggested w are hiring the volume button, and that is not the case with me. Mine is going into silent mode all the time not just night. I can use volume to come out and within 5 minutes it's back to silent. I'm missing calls because vibrate is even turned off and my settings are to vibrate in silent. I've had this phone over a year and this is a new problem.
    03-06-2012 06:27 AM
    See if anything is in Motorola's forums. But there were a few apps out there that would silence the phone if it was placed face down, and if it was placed on the charger. Perhaps those apps changed a setting?
    03-06-2012 09:40 AM
    UPDATE: I called motorolla support and they walked through a few settings then recommend a factory reset. I did this and the problem was solved for about five days. Called back and reopened the case snd they said the phone has a "glitch" and would need to be replaced-luckily still under warranty. Options with them were to mail the phone in then wait for repair. Eent to verizon store and explained and within 10 minutes they had the case pulled up and my replacement phone in the mail via overnight for 14repair bucks.
    03-22-2012 12:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD