Recent battery drainage problem - DroidX

doowopper

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I have a Droid X running Android version 2.3.3. My battery run-time has gone down about 50% over the last week. I have three batteries and this drop occurs with all three. Now, I get about 6 hours of run-time per battery before I have to switch to a new battery or charge the battery in the phone. I have not changed any of my settings or added any apps in the last week. Blue-tooth, WiFi and GPS are off. The brightness on my display is set for about 30%.

Main Battery Usage is as follows:
com.motorola.service.ma 45%
Phone idle 19%
Cell standby 14%
Display 12%
Android OS 4%

What could be causing this sudden decrease in battery run-time and how do I correct it?
Thanks.
Richard

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I would install Badass Battery Monitor, which has some good tools to identify apps that may be causing your excessive battery drain. It helped me.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

mikesmith

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
My battery lately has drained quicker as well. When I left work I would be around 30%. But now I'm at best around 10% - 15%.

I have the VZ extended battery. I don't know if the recent update has anything to do with it.

Completely stock. Never rooted.

doowopper

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Solution to the problem

I found the culprit to my problem. When I clicked Settings>Battery & Data Manager>Battery Usage>com.motorola.service.ma, I discovered that Microsoft Exchange Services was listed as an included package of com.motorola.service.ma. I then remembered that I had recently turned on "Data Push" for my Microsoft Exchange based email. I then unchecked "Data Push" in the email settings for my Microsoft Exchange based email so that my phone used the "Data Fetch" schedule. After about 12 hours, I checked the Battery Usage settings of my phone. The.com.motorola.service.ma item went from about 45% battery usage to about 8%. My battery life returned to normal.
Richard

mikesmith

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Figured out mine too. I had unchecked Sync over WiFi Only in data manager when I updated and forgot to recheck it.

uklady1941

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
My battery life is running about 4 hours per full charge... Usage is at voice calls 52 % ?? How can this be when the total calls in 4 hours time is 15 - 20 mins? Display 12%, ph. Idle 11%, Viber 10%, Cell standby 9%, Bluetooth 4%, WiFi 2% and Android os 2%.
Please is there anyone out there can help me fix this excessive useage? I just installed a new battery.... !!!! Thanks for any help you can give

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol