Anybody still sporting a DX

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Will be going pre paid with an HSPA+ Nexus when my contract expires in August.
This DX has been so great there is not enough time to say why.
I can say I will keep it, connect as many blue tooth speakers as I can, and have a wi-fi home audio system. Based in the bathroom.
Giggity. :cool:

bl024292

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I use mine as an alarm clock, I couldn't bring myself to sell it for next to nothing. I kept my Droid eris as well. My x has the dock so it works well. Ugh.

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Now that I've upgraded to the bionic, I plan to use my x as a sort of tv set top box. I will use a blue tooth keyboard/mouse as a remote and use it for netflix/YouTube and things like that. I am also going to pair ps3 controller to it and use emulators to play my old school video games. I'll see if it works...

Bionic'd from my tapatalk.

Spitfire#AC

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Can you make a Bluetooth keyboard work with it? Let me know if that works.
One of my current projects (as soon as I finish roofing the house), is to make my garage door opener blutooth compatible so my wife can open it with her X.
We will probably keep our X's until they stop working, so far nothing has me itching to upgrade.

cgrass79

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Got mine almost a yr ago... Still love it but after the latest gb updates the radio is terrible! I have an upgrade in a about a week and a half and the razr Maxx is in my sites

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Central Forums

didiwags

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I do not currently use it, b will reactivate it here soon and put it on our extra line. Right now we have a basic phone on it and I currently have the rezound but it's screen is broken and will be getting the galaxy s3 hopefully next week! The X still runs great and I have no issues with it, I keep it charged and let my kids play games on it through wifi! Till next week anyways lol
The X is a very solid phone, much more then my rezound!

copasetic

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I just got one of these DX's for my daughter and it seems just fine. I didn't even have to do the four corners thing to bypass activation! Pretty cool. And after 3 system updates it's now up to full on GB too, 2.3.4, and it looks very stable. I don't feel the need for more than that at the moment. The only thing I noticed is that there were like 12 apps in Google market available for it, which is really odd. I downloaded the update to Google Play, and still there are less than 50 total anywhere. I supposed I'd need to "register" it in Play but don't know how to do that. Regardless, sideloading the same apps (Or apk's sent directly from benevolent developers) from Amazon has gone on without a hitch, but I still face repurchasing the paid ones all over again, sigh :-S. Any ideas?

copasetic

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Yes, cae, I actually used mine, but it wasn't tied to a carrier phone number, (and sent me a popup to this effect). Your question is also significant in that I do not see the DX registered when I go to Play on my PC. But I bought a 99? app so something is sorta working, lol. We see about 100 total (this is all categories combined) apps in the store. I am still rather new to android so I am still learning...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

TauntingBull

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Now that I've upgraded to the bionic, I plan to use my x as a sort of tv set top box. I will use a blue tooth keyboard/mouse as a remote and use it for netflix/YouTube and things like that. I am also going to pair ps3 controller to it and use emulators to play my old school video games. I'll see if it works...

Good idea

shethinks

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
My Droid X will be 2 years old next month and she's still going strong. Phone hardware is in like new condition, no issues. Been rooted since beginning on factory installed Froyo 2.2. Never allowed OTA. Completely compatible with all the apps I need (200+). Full day battery life (20+ hrs) . Lagless LauncherPro. I typically keep my "stuff" for awhile.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

mahler9

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I just got a Droid X on Ebay. Came with Gingerbread installed and works great. I love the big screen and 8GB storage (my other phone has 256mb storage, yikes). So far it's been great. I'm learning a lot from this board, so thanks in advance! :)

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I just got a Droid X on Ebay. Came with Gingerbread installed and works great. I love the big screen and 8GB storage (my other phone has 256mb storage, yikes). So far it's been great. I'm learning a lot from this board, so thanks in advance! :)

Congrats on the new device! The X is a pretty awesome phone. My wife is still rocking hers and I still use mine as an entertainment device around the house.

Reactions: mahler9