.621 Update Issues, Please Help!!!

Thehomez

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, since I updated to .621 this past week my phone has been going crazy. The first day it was very hot and ate through the battery in a few hours. Then I reset it, restarted multiple times nothing changed. Its very very sluggish, can barely wake it up and unlock it. It basically is useless and non-functional. I read on another forum of someone else having the same issue and the fix was to remove the SD card. I initially tried to wipe the cache and then run it without success then removed the SD card and it now works but not well, its still slightly sluggish. Whenever I put the card back in it goes back to having a million issues and being non-functional.

So are there any fixes that you guys know about? Is there any way I can revert back to the previous version as that was working without any issues for me.

Thanks in advance for any help!!!

gordol

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Something in the update may have caused corruption on the SD card. The reason why your device is getting hot and the battery dying too soon is because the CPU is running at 100% trying to run the Media Scanner. But because the card is corrupted, it cannot complete.

Pull the card and reformat it on your PC (Mac, whatever). If there is anything on there that cannot be replaced, copy the card to your desktop first. Then when you put it back in the phone, reformat it again from Settings \ Storage. In that display, unmount the card to enable the Format command. Then you can copy your data back to the card.

Reactions: Thehomez

Thehomez

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Something in the update may have caused corruption on the SD card. The reason why your device is getting hot and the battery dying too soon is because the CPU is running at 100% trying to run the Media Scanner. But because the card is corrupted, it cannot complete.

Pull the card and reformat it on your PC (Mac, whatever). If there is anything on there that cannot be replaced, copy the card to your desktop first. Then when you put it back in the phone, reformat it again from Settings \ Storage. In that display, unmount the card to enable the Format command. Then you can copy your data back to the card.

Thanks so much for the info Gordol. What you said totally makes sense! Only thing is, if I copy stuff from my card to my PC then format the card and format it on the phone and put all the stuff back, isn't the corrupt file likely going to be put back on? I guess it'll get formatted...

And lastly, what about all the apps that I have saved on my SD card, will they be lost and I'll have to reinstall or can I restore them onto the card?

Thanks so much for the help! Really really appreciate it! :)

gordol

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks so much for the info Gordol. What you said totally makes sense! Only thing is, if I copy stuff from my card to my PC then format the card and format it on the phone and put all the stuff back, isn't the corrupt file likely going to be put back on? I guess it'll get formatted...

And lastly, what about all the apps that I have saved on my SD card, will they be lost and I'll have to reinstall or can I restore them onto the card?

Thanks so much for the help! Really really appreciate it! :)

Media files, reload from the source. Apps, reinstall from the market. App DATA, otoh, you'll have to risk being corrupted. Odds are tbough, that the files themselves are good and that it's the free space allocation that's bad. I went throught the same thing, and that is what I did to resolve it.

Format in the PC to wipe the corruption so the phone won't go haywire, then format in the phone to ensure it's a format the phone can use.

Reactions: Thehomez

Thehomez

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks again Gordol! I did what you said above and all is now fixed. Just need to reinstall some things. Appreciate it!!! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs