Brew Messages

sparker781

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Hey all thanks for stopping by:

I am basically receiving these weird text messages that come in as:

//BREW:01013D82:28110LN sparker02148 Hch5M3nv07eQADqPOv9zrnFuerp3FFgaxA--

Now am not really sure what is causing this issue...According to VZW customer service they said it might have something to do with my old Voyager where I had instant messaging that I signed up for...The problem is I no longer have the phone to go in and turn it off and these messages continuously show up day after day.

Anyone have any ideas?

Secondly (Though maybe I should ask in a seperate post?) For some reason I feel as though the email app on the Droid is better than the Gmail app for some reason I get messages faster thru the email app.....However when I enter my email address and password it says my password is invalid however am able to login to gmail thru the web with no issues....Anyone got any ideas for that?

Thanks for reading

gordol

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Hey all thanks for stopping by:

I am basically receiving these weird text messages that come in as:

//BREW:01013D82:28110LN sparker02148 Hch5M3nv07eQADqPOv9zrnFuerp3FFgaxA--

Now am not really sure what is causing this issue...According to VZW customer service they said it might have something to do with my old Voyager where I had instant messaging that I signed up for...The problem is I no longer have the phone to go in and turn it off and these messages continuously show up day after day.
That does look like BREW code to send commands to your old phone. If it's related to a service, you should be able to turn it off via MyVerizon or talking to someone from customer service.

Secondly (Though maybe I should ask in a seperate post?) For some reason I feel as though the email app on the Droid is better than the Gmail app for some reason I get messages faster thru the email app.....However when I enter my email address and password it says my password is invalid however am able to login to gmail thru the web with no issues....Anyone got any ideas for that?
Are you setting both the email and GMail app to the same GMail account? Or are they differernt accounts? IOW, do you have the email app set to another mail account?

sparker781

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Actually after reading your response, I realize that maybe I should delete the gmail account thru the gmail app and setup my email thru the dedicated email app. Also with regards to turning off the commands to my old phone thru My Verizon....Do you know how to do that?

gordol

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Actually after reading your response, I realize that maybe I should delete the gmail account thru the gmail app and setup my email thru the dedicated email app. Also with regards to turning off the commands to my old phone thru My Verizon....Do you know how to do that?
No, sorry. I've never had a BREW phone. I went straight from a "dumbphone" to a Smartphone skipping the "feature phone" set completely. It has to be something that a Verizon CSR can handle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte15