The Droid X is official!

Will you be upgrading at launch?

• Total voters

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
well i want it but the earliest i can upgrade i have is dec for a new every2 and 1 year with the droid in nov. so i may try and pick up either the scorpian or the december moto phone

G

GenericMessage

well i want it but the earliest i can upgrade i have is dec for a new every2 and 1 year with the droid in nov. so i may try and pick up either the scorpian or the december moto phone

If you can do the 13 month upgrade this year, you can do it at launch (according to the conference)

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
yeah i got the droid at launch. but i called vzw and was told that i wont qualify for the upgrade because its for those with contracts ending in 10. and my second line ends in feb 11. but if i can you can bet i will get it.
edit
made a deal with the wife i can go without my droid until the 15th i can get this phone. droid is broken. bent the case screen is fcked but the glass didnt break.

Last edited:

Syco54645

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
i dont see why not. i think they still do the anual upgrades

Well I know that they still do the annual upgrades but I am wondering if they are prohibiting it for this device. Today has got me thinking very hard about it. I really hope that they have a demo unit in stores a few days early so that we can test it out. And also that it gets into the right hands and gets rooted before we get it... Vanilla flavored Froyo anyone? Sounds tasty to me!

Edit: Also what do you do for an annual upgrade? This is the first time that I will use it. Do I have to go to the store for it or what?

Last edited:
G

GenericMessage

Well I know that they still do the annual upgrades but I am wondering if they are prohibiting it for this device. Today has got me thinking very hard about it. I really hope that they have a demo unit in stores a few days early so that we can test it out. And also that it gets into the right hands and gets rooted before we get it... Vanilla flavored Froyo anyone? Sounds tasty to me!

Edit: Also what do you do for an annual upgrade? This is the first time that I will use it. Do I have to go to the store for it or what?

Yes, only REAL verizon stores will do the annual upgrades. (so no third party, mall kiosk, or BBY stores)

You get one every 13 months.

P.S. It does NOT ship with 2.2 (so no foryo)

Last edited:

Syco54645

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes, only REAL verizon stores will do the annual upgrades. (so no third party, mall kiosk, or BBY stores)

You get one every 13 months.

P.S. It does NOT ship with 2.2 (so no foryo)

13 months eh, so I have to wait till aug to do it then? I have 8 months left before my ne2 is up... Wish they showed when your annual was due...

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
no wonder Bizz hasn't been on here in a while haha.

i don't qualify for the upgrade but i think ill make it. this phone is nice but the rumored one at the end of the year sounds amazing.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
man i broke my phone ill post pics later. it looks horrible. so i kinda stayed away because of the pain in seeing everyone talking about the droid. and im waiting to get my new one in the mail.

G

GenericMessage

Will you be able to preorder the X prior to the 15th, or will I have to do it on that day?

Well you wont preorder it on the day it comes out.

Verizon has been very "meh" about preordering product through them.

Best buy will assuredly have preorders, but you wont be able to take advantage of the early upgrade through them.

tlc246

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
tour, your eligible

I got my tour last july. Can I get this for my annual upgrade or are they stopping that?
I'm in the same boat with my curve. I'm eligible for an annual upgrade July 5th to be exact.

I actually received a notification today from Big Red giving me a green light for an early upgrade and 50 dollars off to boot. I can barely contain myself. July 15 can't get here soon enough!
:)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11