Early upgrade questions

rjdangerous

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
My annual upgrade is in august, obviously I don't want to wait cause I hate my BB. Some say all upgrades in 2010 will be honored and some are saying only if your official 2 year contract is up this year.

Any ideas?

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
i talked to verizon and they said it was 2010 if your contract ended. wish they would wave it and let me upgrade early. but who knows

chuckz28

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
What sucks is one of my lines contract is up 1-9-11. Missed it by 9 days. Early upgrade pricing starts in September but by then I may as well hold out for the super phone that is supposed to come out at the end of the year.

deadlikeoscar

May 4, 2010
Visit site
I see that it says that you can upgrade to ANY smartphone. My wife has a BlackBerry Curve 8330 (yuck) that she desperately wants to ditch for a Droid or Droid 2 if it is announced soon. She is into the whole physical keyboard thing. Anyway, is Verizon going to start the upgrade promotion early for those that want a phone other than the Droid X or will they all begin on the 15th? I'm also curious how long this promotion is going to run. If it is only that day or a couple weeks then she will have to get the Droid instead of waiting for the Droid 2. Either way, I'm just glad she doesn't have to hold on to that phone until October now.:)

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Looks like it runs from June 23rd to Aug 31st based on the Promotional flyer.

upgradeleak.jpg

Verizon 3G Upgrade Details Leaked! - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

bart151

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Think they'd make an exception? :) My upgrade dates not until July of next year :( I want to use it on the X but.. doubt theyll allow it.

Syco54645

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Think they'd make an exception? :) My upgrade dates not until July of next year :( I want to use it on the X but.. doubt theyll allow it.

Do the annual. I called and spoke with someone and they said that mine is July 13th. Looks like I am getting my X. I will do it in the store.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
If your plan is 49.99 or higher and are either on an individual plan or the primary line on a family plan, you can upgrade every year.

movieman742

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
If your plan is 49.99 or higher and are either on an individual plan or the primary line on a family plan, you can upgrade every year.

Is that price for the Voice plan or total monthly plan? My plan is the cheapest one but with the data and texting I have it is well over the 49.99. I work with the same employee every time I go in for anything and she told me once that it had to be the Voice plan that was 49.99 or higher.

JubbaTheHutt

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Did some of you not hear/see/read the notes from the event? Verizon's CEO even verified that ANYONE that has upgrade eligibility during the rest of the ENTIRE 2010 Period (Starting today and reaching December 31, 2010) can upgrade to the "X" without any issues.

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Is that price for the Voice plan or total monthly plan? My plan is the cheapest one but with the data and texting I have it is well over the 49.99. I work with the same employee every time I go in for anything and she told me once that it had to be the Voice plan that was 49.99 or higher.

your voice line must total $49.99 or higher, not including features such as data/text bolt ons...so, 39.99 voice only plans do not get an early upgrade

movieman742

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
your voice line must total $49.99 or higher, not including features such as data/text bolt ons...so, 39.99 voice only plans do not get an early upgrade

Gotcha, thanks for the confirmation. Well, my plan isn't up till July of 11 so it looks like I'll buy out of contract. It's a win win for me since I didn't want to use my upgrade for this. I'm already waiting for the badass 4G Verizon Android :p

bart151

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Fortunately for me, I happen to be on my girlfriends account so Im an add a line for 10 bucks + the data package. However, with that said, I knew I should have waited on purchasing the Incredible. Not only have I gone through 2 of them, soon to be 3. I knew this device was coming out shortly after.

Since Im an add-a-line. Am I eligible for this annual upgrade? Either way, Im going to sell my Inc and pick this guy up if Im not. Just hoping I can get it cheaper...

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
No, only the primary line on a family plan gets an annual upgrade; however, if your girlfriend is eligible for NE2 or an annual upgrade, you could do an alternate upgrade using her line. Below is the early upgrade promotion flyer from Droidforums.

upgradeleak.jpg