Motorola Droid X - What do you want to know?

c4v3man

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Does the HDMI output function the same as on the EVO, or is it possible to use all apps, such as the browser, on the HDMI output?

alan7467

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if you still have access to the phone or not, but here goes...

Given the importance of the framerate limit on the EVO to some users (myself included), could you run a benchmark on the Droid X to see if a similar problem exists? Easiest way to check would be to install "fps2d" from the market and let us know what your average score is.

Thanks!

c4v3man

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Engadget said HDMI cable was $50, which is ludicrous, although the desk dock is also $50, so I hope that's what it's referring to. Obviously you can get a generic cable, but $50 for a simple phone HDMI cable is Monster Cable levels of rip-off.

bart151

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
How much does it sale for Retail? And, as an Add a liner on my GF's account, am I eligible for an annual upgrade even though my new every 2 yr is not until next yr?

tmax1964

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Need to know

We've got a Droid X, and you have questions. You know the drill, folks. Let's keep things clean and organized in this thread. Ask away, and I'll get you some answers in a few days. (Apologies for not replying directly in this thread.)

Would like to know if this device has voice to text and if this has pinch to zoom?

Maximaniac

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Couple of things:
1. Now that you've had more time with the phone, what's your impression of the new UI? Is it better/worse than DI's sense UI? Is it even a form of motoblur because that was never brought up in the live conference?

2. I'm sure you've been playing with this phone non-stop, so how's the battery life holding up?

3. Have you made any calls yet? If so, how's the call quality? And is the noise cancellation better/same/worse than nexus?

4. How far can the camera zoom? Also, there's a thread in the DI forum for pics taken with that camera and some are very beautiful. Could you post a pic or two with X's camera to compare?

Last edited:

Syco54645

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Couple of things:
1. Now that you've had more time with the phone, what's your impression of the new UI? Is it better/worse than DI's sense UI? Is it even a form of motoblur because that was never brought up in the live conference?

Not that I have the phone but from the videos it looks to be rather unobtrusive and very usable. Even if it is bad, there is always root...

Taegost

May 28, 2010
Visit site
1) Is it as easy to root as the Droid?
2) Where is the SD card physically located?
3) How is the screen in direct sunlight?
4) How is the battery life compared to the Droid and Incredible?
5) How is the still camera quality in different conditions (i.e. indoor lighting, dark, sunny, with and without flash, etc)? Especially when compared to the Droid and Incredible.
6) How is the video recording quality in different conditions (see #5), especially when compared to the Droid and Incredible and using HD recording.
7) What is the file format and size when recording in 720p HD?

NVR2ND

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
How much memory for apps? I know that this shouldnt matter when 2.2 comes out, but Have to live with the phone until then...

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I've gotta know, can that creepy robot eye be removed from the home screen? I'm sure it can, but so far I haven't seen any images to the contrary. It scares me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34