Motorola Droid X - What do you want to know?

crunkman989

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I haven't seen a confirmed price outside of the 2-yr contract, but I know BB has allowed full-priced purchases on phones before. Either way it doesn't really matter now, as they have stopped all preorders on the X.

I work for Verizon Technical Support and I saw that the retail value of the Droid X is priced in the low $500.00 range! But that was to be expected.

garyproctor

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Quality of the 16GB Card

I plan on byuing a 32Gig card and taking it to the store with me on the 15th. What is teh "class" of the card that is currently installed in teh droid X? It would be either a class 2, 4, or 6. The hd video may require a class 4 at a minimum, but you never know... Thanks GLP :)

garyproctor

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I too had a question on the pre-order date. I called my local Verizon store this morning and they said that there weren't going to be any pre-orders so I thought I'd check here.
I too was told "no pre-order" from the V store. In fact they said that since each previous droid launch was no-frills (absent of the i-phone lines around the buildings) that they may not even open early on that day, but that had yet to be dictated by corporate. IMHO the litmus (-sp) test for me came when the best buy right next door had sold out of their pre-orders in 3 days...

jake21

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Couple of quick questions: What is pricing for 1 year contract; is there any advantage to buying at verizon over bestbuy (bestbuy has no restocking fee and no mail in rebate); will the phone actually be available on the 15th or is it being delayed; last but least will it be available as demo (in store) before the 15th ?
--
Bit mixed on the phone; the menu system of the evo is nicer but this seems to have better sound/clarity and quite a bit improvement in battery life. Without handling it is hard to judge form factor. Plan wise verizon is a little less expensive but verizon has a history of doing nickle and dime and crap like forcing bing on phones (just read reviews from black berry users). Oh well hopefully it will be available in 9 days.

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I plan on byuing a 32Gig card and taking it to the store with me on the 15th. What is teh "class" of the card that is currently installed in teh droid X? It would be either a class 2, 4, or 6. The hd video may require a class 4 at a minimum, but you never know... Thanks GLP :)

I haven't seen it specd in text, but the launch package from Verizon showed a Class 2 in the pictures of the included 16gb and the new 32gb accessory card. In the new Accessory file from Verizon, the class designation is not showng on the picture of the card, but I don't think it could be any less than 2. Keep in mind that the same package shows the 32gb card available as a $99 offer w/Droid X.

I doubt you will find one that cheap anywhere. It would be pretty hard to beat even their regular price of $149.99 I plan to go to my local VZ store today to see if they plan to have the 32gb''s available, and if they will sell them at the discounted price.

kdkinc

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
Can't seem to get a answer on this...
What is the little hole next to the 3.5 mm earphone jack?
Below the HDMI jack appears to be two holes what are they ??
Is there a mechanical reset button BESIDES the off button such as a paper clip reset ?

Thanks

ceriem

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Is there a mechanical reset button BESIDES the off button such as a paper clip reset ?

Thanks

It may be a lanyard hook or a stereo speaker. Not really sure though, but I doubt it's a mechanical reset (though that may be a cool feature?)

Hope this helps.

the one and only M

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site

Thanks

The tiny hole next to the headphone jack is the third mic. The holes below the hdmi port are for a lanyard.

Japultra

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
There are plenty of battery monitoring apps you can get for free once it's out. Though not as convenient as the home screen icon, it's usually the most detailed.

This isn't what I was asking. I wanted to know in what increments the battery drains at, not whether or not it shows up on the home screen. The Droid 1 drains in increments of 10%, meaning you'll never see your phone at 93% or 55% battery life, only 100, 90, 80, 70 etc. Is the Droid X the same way?

titot4u

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm debating on switching from my BBS2 to the X when it arrives, but can this phone do the little and simple things that are important to me?

Can I cutomize this phone to not alert me of emails and only alert me of SMS messages and phone calls? This feature is important for me because I get tons of junk emails throughout the night and I would hate to mute the entire phone completely and miss an important call or text messages when I am sleeping.

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
How does the new UI the X will have on top of Android stack up to the blackberry OS in terms of message consolidation and alerting? Will all my notifications (new email, new AIM, new sms, new tweets, etc) show up in one place? And will alert control be all in one place so I can enable/disable certain things from ringing/vibrating/etc. in a profile? I would love to be able to pick up the Droid X but if it means going from one simple message system to 5 different apps that all have their own quirks, then I may be less excited.