Motorola Droid X - What do you want to know?

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
We've got a Droid X, and you have questions. You know the drill, folks. Let's keep things clean and organized in this thread. Ask away, and I'll get you some answers in a few days. (Apologies for not replying directly in this thread.)

NVR2ND

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
After working with the Blur on this device can you compare to the incredible and sense?

Is the keyboard larger on the X than the incredible?

Can you read the threaded messaging on the screen while still having the keyboard up?

Does the screen rotate both ways?

PortareAF

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
hmm you can upgrade at launch if your update is in 2010... wonder if that applies to people planning to upgrade after the first year for the 20 dollar fee...

slinky317

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
I know it's bigger than the Incredible, but how is the weight? The Incredible feels like a feather, and the Droid X seems it would be kinda heavy.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
How is the battery door? Is it like the droid1? Micro sd card location? Hows it compared in size to a garmin 4.3inch gps?

Tyler#AC

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
1) Can you disable the new "Motoblur" like you can disable Sense UI (via changing the launcher in the options) on other phones?

2) Benchmark stats? Perhaps a comparison video? I'm just curious to how it stacks up against that Droid2 we saw a day or two ago.

matthewdlyons

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
Any word on a pre-order date?

What is your impression of the menu hard keys (as opposed to capacitive buttons on HTC devices, such as the Incredible and EVO)?

How is the fit and finish? (Moto is usually known for solid hardware) I am particularly interested in the spaces around the hard keys. Seems like it would be an area for dust to accumulate.

Does the contact management work better than HTC Sense? It appears Moto Blur, or just Moto, integrates Twitter feeds and info into the contact apps; where as HTC does not.

How many screens do you get? (I think that I read nine somewhere.)

How is the refresh rate of the camera?

Did you find the OMAP processor to better, worse of the same as the Snapdragon?

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I too had a question on the pre-order date. I called my local Verizon store this morning and they said that there weren't going to be any pre-orders so I thought I'd check here.

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
How is integrated Exchange support? Does is support accounts that require a PIN lock and if so, can it use a number PIN like Froyo and not the regular keyboard?

Thanks

Unicorn56

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Ok, so I have read conflicting info on the screen. Is it AMOLED or LCD? How is it in sunlight? Personally I would prefer a sunlight friendly LCD over the pretty colors of AMOLED. Super AMOLED would be great but Samsung is keeping that for their own phones right now ;-(

ceriem

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
If there's no preorder, is the only way to get a phone on launch day to go to a store and wait in line? Because ordering online on launch day will probably not get you the phone that day :)

(This is assuming no preorder at all, of course)

vor

May 26, 2010
Visit site
How's the video quality compared to the EVO and iPhone 4?

Does the screen auto tilt in any direction? (unlike the EVO)

And of course battery life

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20