will pdanet still be usable?

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
i know this question might be unanswerable right this second, but will pdanet still be usable on the droid x? i only ask because if i do upgrade, i still am going to want to tether to my netbook, but there is no way in hell i am paying and extra $20 per month for a paltry 2gb of tethering through vzw. i would assume that the devs of pdanet would just have to make the app x compatible, but i just wanted to be certain before i even thought of upgrading

SpeedVX

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I don't see why not. Just loaded PDAnet on the Droid X w/o a problem but for some reason couldn't get the Bluetooth DUN to work. I'll fiddle some more.

SpeedVX

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I actually haven't ever used usb tethering -- the few times I've used PDAnet with my Droid and my computer I went straight to Bluetooth DUN. If I have some time later today I'll fool around with both methods.

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Sure, tethering will be available for $20/month. I'd rather spend the dough once on PDAnet.

Steve in CT
Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Rudolphe

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
the free version of pda blocks secure sites. you need the pay version to access them
True, but you only have to buy it once instead of a monthly fee. Besides, i can seriously do without the secure sites. EDIT: While i'm doing general browsing that is... I can wait till i get home for that kind of stuff.

As a side note, easytether does the same thing as pda net only cheaper. It's $9.99.

Last edited:

crunkman989

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Got USB tethering working on the Droid X w/ PDA Net.

Since you were able to tether with your Droid X....how fast is the internet connection while surfing the net?

I mean is it pretty standard speed or does it run slow? For Example: how long would it take you to download a 5mb file?

cheese

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Hey all, 1st post here. New to Android :)

With regards to Bluetooth DUN on the DX, is it possible to do without the use of PDAnet? On my Storm 1, I was able to use QPST service program software and change my tethered NAI settings. Changing this allowed me to connect to my iPad wifi without needing PDAnet on my storm1 and gave me perfect 3g speeds via bluetooth. Would the same method work on the DX?

I'm going to assume that it will work, but my real question is, has anyone successfully connected to QPST with the DX?

Thanks in advanced.

jjones02

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Yeah it works. I got the X to tether only on Usb on my mac. I could never getting it to work over bluetooth. Works great over usb though.

DJK24

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Droid X and PDANET

I have a Droid X and installed the free version of PDANet on the phone through the App Market. I then installed the latest version of PDANet on my laptop, running windows 7 64-bit, and I have had no problems with it. Despite what I read earlier in this post, it has not blocked secure sites. I have been able to access all the secure sites I needed to with no problem. It runs fast enough to where I am able to stream something on Hulu with no Buffering needed in the middle of watching it, just one click and you can watch the entire show/movie. Surfing speeds are fine. I went with PDANet after I found that my 3G Hotspot feature is not working properly, it turns off after a couple minutes saying "Data Link Lost". PDANet is working good!

anon(40612)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Any chance that Froyo will affect PDANet at all? I've been using it lately because of the same thing that DJK24 ran into - the Mobile Hotspot doesn't work that well.