So I'm a current BB Storm 2 user, and I can't wait to finally get my hands on an Android phone. I want to grab the X on launch day, however, I am a little concerned about grabbing a phone on release day seeing as the history of first day phones is usually plagued by at least some less than minor problem (look at the iPhone 4 launch as an example, or even more relevant, the Incredible). After my debacle with the Storm 1, I vowed never again (then bought the Storm2 on launch day anyway).

I just want to know if people think it may be somewhat smart to maybe wait a week or two before trying to pick one up in order to avoid any, as I call them, "left-handed", issues.

And yes, I know all the reviewed phones seem to work great, but when they put the phone on the market it always seems to have some undiscovered issues.

Sorry for the mini rant there, but would like to get some opinions out there.
    06-25-2010 06:38 PM
    i think that enough people (read: journalists) have the droid x and will put it through its paces over the next 3 weeks. i think if there are going to be any serious hardware or software issues, they will hopefully be brought to light before the phone's release.
    ceriem likes this.
    06-25-2010 07:20 PM
    I got my Moto Droid on launch day, and its been great!Still running it, and its the ONLY phone that I never needed to get a replacement, and i have had TONS of smartphones! I wouldnt worry 1 bit!
    ceriem likes this.
    06-25-2010 07:38 PM
    Yeah, I haven't switched to Android yet and i'm worried about this as well for my first phone.
    06-26-2010 11:08 AM
    I have a pre launch day Incredible(yay preorder), and have had no problems with it. I would rather have the phone on launch day than be delayed for months
    06-26-2010 12:24 PM
    Yeah don't worry about launch day devices. Mostly everything that could be wrong with them will be fixed via software updates.
    06-26-2010 12:48 PM
    This phone looks solid. I'm on the fence if I should order this one or hold out a few more months. I'm trying to get my primary line on a 1 year contract, but I can't upgrade early without a 2 year commitment. My two year contract expires just after the 1st of the year.

I have a 1 year contract line that will allow me to upgrade in late September.

What should I do????
    06-26-2010 01:58 PM
    Every Android phone i have got has either been pre ordered or gotten on the 1st day it launched ( Motorola Droid, HTC Droid Incredible ). Both of them have been great for me. My Moto Droid is still running like a champ. I also have had no problems at all with the Incredible. So if I was you I would not sweat it at all
    06-26-2010 07:52 PM
    I wouldn't worry about being an early adopter. I think Motorola has proven that they make good hardware, and any software issues that may arise will likely be fixed with an update. I'm a launch day owner of both the Pre and Evo and have been very happy.

Don't forget, if you aren't happy you have 30 days to return it.

If you really want it, get it on launch day and don't think twice!

Preorder if you can, I'm sure the Droid X will sell out quickly just like the Evo.
    06-26-2010 09:00 PM
    Unlike the Iphone, the Droid X has been in the hands of reviewers - including this site's reviewer. With the Iphone, nobody had one until all those people stood in line, then they found out all the problems it had.
    06-27-2010 10:20 AM
    Full review coming, of course, but I haven't seen any showstoppers.
    06-27-2010 10:33 AM
    Unlike the Iphone, the Droid X has been in the hands of reviewers - including this site's reviewer. With the Iphone, nobody had one until all those people stood in line, then they found out all the problems it had.
    Went to dinner lastnight with some ppl and one of them happened to have the new iphone 4. Well, he summed it up short an sweet as I personally already knew - The iphone 4 is basically identical to the 3g except the look is a little different. He said too much hype for nothing really new. Runs basically the same way. I dont understand the hype over these iphones. I really dont. People are so close minded(my brother for instance) that insist the iphone is truely the best thing in the world when in reality, Android devices are up there also and they arent willing to deviate from them to try an Android phone.

After trying both Android and an iphone. I have to give it to Android hands down. So many more customizations with it then the ugly stock screen of the iphone.

Keep it up Android!, Keep it up!
    06-27-2010 10:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD