Just bought Droids

kski

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Just bought 2 new Motorola Droids and a fresh account with Verizon on the 5th of this month. Did we make a mistake not waiting until X came out? Was I stupid for not waiting for the release of this thing?

darreno1

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
Well you're still within your 30 day period so you can return them. But the droid is still a decent phone and will suffice for most things. However if I had to do it all over again right now, I'd get the X.

I guess you have to ask yourself what kind of user you are. If you're not that heavy into the multimedia aspect of the phone, then you'll be ok with the Droid. However if you're heavy into web browsing, watch lots of videos and take pics often, the X will be the better choice. I do have a Droid by the way and I'm still very pleased with it but the bigger screen and better overall specs of the X are too much to ignore.

NVR2ND

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
If you did the buy one get one you saved yourself 200. I say that because the X will be 199.99 each and I assume you got your Droid for 149.99 and the other free. So if money doesn't matter go to the X.

My wife has a Droid and you cant tell a speed difference between that and my inc. That being said we don't watch YouTube or anything. Just normal web browser usage.

ceriem

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Well Verizon has another deal going on now. From what I've heard, anyone who bought a Droid this calendar year can actually upgrade any time after launch day to the Droid X. The only catch is that in order to pay the upgrade price, you have to sign up for another two years onto your contract. So Verizon will have you for about 4 years probably. I don't know if they will offer a 1 year contract price or something.

Not sure how legit this is, but I found it on the internet, so it must be true. Can't find a link right now but if I do I'll post it.

jeffxallen

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Well Verizon has another deal going on now. From what I've heard, anyone who bought a Droid this calendar year can actually upgrade any time after launch day to the Droid X. The only catch is that in order to pay the upgrade price, you have to sign up for another two years onto your contract. So Verizon will have you for about 4 years probably. I don't know if they will offer a 1 year contract price or something.

Not sure how legit this is, but I found it on the internet, so it must be true. Can't find a link right now but if I do I'll post it.

It's not for anyone who bought a phone this calender year. it's anyone who would be eligible for an upgrade this calender year. So if you are on a two year contract and its ends any time before 12/31/10 you can upgrade early.

ceriem

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
It's not for anyone who bought a phone this calender year. it's anyone who would be eligible for an upgrade this calender year. So if you are on a two year contract and its ends any time before 12/31/10 you can upgrade early.

From what I understand this is a separate deal. I'll try to find the document if I can. But assume I'm just totally wrong as of right now anyway since I can't find my original source lol.

mr.saving

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
Just bought 2 new Motorola Droids and a fresh account with Verizon on the 5th of this month. Did we make a mistake not waiting until X came out? Was I stupid for not waiting for the release of this thing?

Return them and get the X...why not get the newest hardware,and somewhat future proof your phones.

powermanaf

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I agree with Boomh4u3r, return them and get the X. By the end of this year something else will be out so at least your tech will only be a few months old and not a year old.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463