X will be my first touch screen, can you use 1 hand?

rjdangerous

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Not just asking this because the size of "this" phone, I'm curious to all touch screens. Can you use the phones efficiency with one hand? My BB was great to be able top use one handed, esp while driving. (save it we all do it)

The only phone I used touch for a few days was a lg dare, and it was a pain to use and no apps/menus worked in landscape mode exept the browser and keyboard. Also the keypad had 3 numbers on it like standard phones when in portrait mode which sucks.

llasch

May 24, 2010
Visit site
you're asking about a phone that none of us have touched yet. But please do not use the dare to define your touch screen experience as that phone was terrible. This phone will be legit do not worry....just hope you have big hands :)

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I have an EVO and can use it comfortably with one hand, but I find myself using both most of the time. I'm thinking the X will be a little easier than the EVO due to it being thinner.

ceriem

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I have fairly big hands and I can easily manipulate my Storm2 with one hand. However, when using the Evo, I have found the reach with my thumb to be insufficient to cover the screen. When I tried out my friend's Evo, I was able to cover about 3/4 of the screen.

For most scrolling and app usage most people won't have a problem. Typing at all will be an issue though for anyone. QWERTY with one thumb is a mess on a touchscreen in my experience.

llasch

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I had the incredible for about 3 weeks (sent it back and decided to wait for the Xtasy) and had a little bit of trouble texting with swype in portrait mode. I have a feeling the larger screen will help with this and I can almost guarantee from my personal preference with swyping that I won't ever use landscape mode for texting. Swype is the ****

rjdangerous

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
you're asking about a phone that none of us have touched yet. But please do not use the dare to define your touch screen experience as that phone was terrible. This phone will be legit do not worry....just hope you have big hands :)

Not just talking about this phone, read above.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Not just asking this because the size of "this" phone, I'm curious to all touch screens. Can you use the phones efficiency with one hand? My BB was great to be able top use one handed, esp while driving. (save it we all do it)

The only phone I used touch for a few days was a lg dare, and it was a pain to use and no apps/menus worked in landscape mode exept the browser and keyboard. Also the keypad had 3 numbers on it like standard phones when in portrait mode which sucks.

Once you get used to it and depending on your hand size - you should be OK.