Invisible Shield

TYagoto

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, I'm sure a few of you have heard of Invisible Shield. For those of you who haven't its a screen protector-like material that can cover your whole phone. However unlike your typical screen protector plastic its beast. If you go to ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | iPhone, iPod Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield you can see the durability yourself. The reason why I bring this up is because the Droid X is a new phone for which they have not made the Invisible Shield yet.

If you go to this link...

https://www.zagg.com/hotgadgets/index.php

...you can make a submission for the Droid X and hopefully with more submissions ZAGG will have more motivation to quickly start production.

Thank you

JubbaTheHutt

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Good looking out.

I know there are other brands that get a lot of loving for being cheaper, but I've stuck by Zagg and they haven't disappointed me.

TYagoto

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Good looking out.

I know there are other brands that get a lot of loving for being cheaper, but I've stuck by Zagg and they haven't disappointed me.

Have you seen others that are comparable in terms of durability? I haven't really but if there are cheaper alternatives I'd gladly take a look.

salanester

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Do you know if you get it at BB if they can put it on? I hate sounding lazy, but that thing looks like it would be a nightmare to get on!

JubbaTheHutt

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site

JubbaTheHutt

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Do you know if you get it at BB if they can put it on? I hate sounding lazy, but that thing looks like it would be a nightmare to get on!

I doubt it, and to be frank, I'm probably just as lazy and it's really a cinch to apply. The only thing I could see being difficult, is making sure no air bubbles form, but that's something all screen protectors are prone to having.

Besides, most of these companies offer lifetime warranties. So if you mess up with the application, all you have to do is contact them and they'll ship you another.

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I can never seem to get a screen protector on straight much less one that covers the whole phone :p I know some you can remove and re-apply and adjust. Can you with these? If you really screw it up they just send another? Sounds too good to be true. ;)

JubbaTheHutt

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I can never seem to get a screen protector on straight much less one that covers the whole phone :p I know some you can remove and re-apply and adjust. Can you with these? If you really screw it up they just send another? Sounds too good to be true. ;)

I can only speak in regards to Zagg, but yes, if you mess up badly enough to warrant a new screen, they will send you a new one, no questions asked. Again they have a lifetime warranty, so you should be able to receive a new one at any time.

It's really not that complicated to install...

Here's a video of a AC member applying an Invisible Shield to his HTC Incredible...

YouTube - Invisible Shield on HTC Incredible

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Best buy will charge you to put it on. There is a technique with the invisible shield that you dont want to push out the air/bubbles and they will do it. It is much better to install it yourself and read the directions.

ceriem

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I like some aspects of these products, but if I drop my phone will it do anything to prevent it from breaking like a more traditional case?

Syco54645

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
My phantom skin for my tour was junk. Never stayed on. Both of them. They sent me replacements and I havn't bothered to put them on as my phone was all dinged up by that point anyways. Took complaining publicly on crackberry to get anything done. No replies to my inquiries till I started trolling the phantomSkinz user then I got a reply... They wanted me to send my phone in but I refused.
It is less tacky and has less of an orange peel going on... But if it doesn't stay on then really what is the point. I would leave the device dry for 48 hours only to have it peeling all over the place in a few weeks.

Incredible shield on my buddy's ipod started to peel off too, after 2 years! He has had it in and out of so many pockets that I do not blame them for it peeling a little. I have never had a problem with installing these and getting them to stick.

Last edited:

JubbaTheHutt

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I like some aspects of these products, but if I drop my phone will it do anything to prevent it from breaking like a more traditional case?

You can purchase full-body skins, but again, these products are not made to replace strengthen cases. Zagg's Invisible Shields are to serve as protection against cuts, scrapes, and scratches to a device.

Honestly, if you're worried about full protection, you should be looking at a case and compliment it with just a screen based shield.

Syco54645

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
You can purchase full-body skins, but again, these products are not made to replace strengthen cases. Zagg's Invisible Shields are to serve as protection against cuts, scrapes, and scratches to a device.

Honestly, if you're worried about full protection, you should be looking at a case and compliment it with just a screen based shield.

I dropped my iPod with an invisible shield on it. No problems upon picking it up. Now it wont protect the hdd from a collision or the screen from cracking...

JubbaTheHutt

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I dropped my iPod with an invisible shield on it. No problems upon picking it up. Now it wont protect the hdd from a collision or the screen from cracking...

I'd say it's a case-by-case thing; either way, I wouldn't trust a thin piece of plastic film to protect my $200+ phone.

By the way, I never heard of "Bodyguardz" until a review of their protective skin for the new EVO 4g made it to the front page. After snooping around their site, it seems they are offering protection screens and body film for the Droid X...though it's a bit more pricey than what I've paid for Zagg in the past...

BodyGuardz for Motorola Droid X Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Films | Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Films

jaydorsey

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
they can be a real pain in the arse to apply. I just did one last night for my iPad and it took a couple of attempts to get it nice and smooth. Didn't have enough solution in the kit but fortunately I had some left over from another kit. The trick is to not press too much and to work quickly and gently.

Syco54645

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
I'd say it's a case-by-case thing; either way, I wouldn't trust a thin piece of plastic film to protect my $200+ phone.

AFAIK the military uses the "thin piece of plastic film" to protect the forward edges of helicopter blades. Or at least a very similar product. I confirmed that the material felt similar via a coworker who was an apache helicopter field maintainer. He said that the application was similar as well. Watch the tests of the ZAGG the film around keys and pens. Doesn't seem too easy to break through it.

Either way I do not trust ZAGG's claims that they invented their stuff. It is incredibly similar to 3m Paint Protect.

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01