Hey guys, I'm sure a few of you have heard of Invisible Shield. For those of you who haven't its a screen protector-like material that can cover your whole phone. However unlike your typical screen protector plastic its beast. If you go to ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | iPhone, iPod Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield you can see the durability yourself. The reason why I bring this up is because the Droid X is a new phone for which they have not made the Invisible Shield yet.

If you go to this link...

https://www.zagg.com/hotgadgets/index.php

...you can make a submission for the Droid X and hopefully with more submissions ZAGG will have more motivation to quickly start production.

Thank you
    06-29-2010 02:49 PM
    Good looking out.

I know there are other brands that get a lot of loving for being cheaper, but I've stuck by Zagg and they haven't disappointed me.
    06-29-2010 02:50 PM
    Good looking out.

I know there are other brands that get a lot of loving for being cheaper, but I've stuck by Zagg and they haven't disappointed me.

Have you seen others that are comparable in terms of durability? I haven't really but if there are cheaper alternatives I'd gladly take a look.
    06-29-2010 02:53 PM
    Do you know if you get it at BB if they can put it on? I hate sounding lazy, but that thing looks like it would be a nightmare to get on!
    06-29-2010 03:11 PM
    Have you seen others that are comparable in terms of durability? I haven't really but if there are cheaper alternatives I'd gladly take a look.
    I've heard good things about:

PhantomSkinz - Phantom Skinz | iPhone, iPod, cell phone skins, screen protectors, cases, covers, shileds, full body protection

Shield Skins - Shield Skins - Invisible, iPhone, iPod Cases, Screen Protector, Covers
    06-29-2010 03:12 PM
    Do you know if you get it at BB if they can put it on? I hate sounding lazy, but that thing looks like it would be a nightmare to get on!
    I doubt it, and to be frank, I'm probably just as lazy and it's really a cinch to apply. The only thing I could see being difficult, is making sure no air bubbles form, but that's something all screen protectors are prone to having.

Besides, most of these companies offer lifetime warranties. So if you mess up with the application, all you have to do is contact them and they'll ship you another.
    06-29-2010 03:15 PM
    yeah I kind of agree with you, thats what i plan to do anyways lol
    06-29-2010 03:15 PM
    researching now kind of hard when they don't post scratch test videos like ZAGG. searching
    06-29-2010 03:26 PM
    I can never seem to get a screen protector on straight much less one that covers the whole phone I know some you can remove and re-apply and adjust. Can you with these? If you really screw it up they just send another? Sounds too good to be true.
    06-29-2010 09:31 PM
    I can never seem to get a screen protector on straight much less one that covers the whole phone I know some you can remove and re-apply and adjust. Can you with these? If you really screw it up they just send another? Sounds too good to be true.
    I can only speak in regards to Zagg, but yes, if you mess up badly enough to warrant a new screen, they will send you a new one, no questions asked. Again they have a lifetime warranty, so you should be able to receive a new one at any time.

It's really not that complicated to install...

Here's a video of a AC member applying an Invisible Shield to his HTC Incredible...

06-29-2010 10:36 PM
    Best buy will charge you to put it on. There is a technique with the invisible shield that you dont want to push out the air/bubbles and they will do it. It is much better to install it yourself and read the directions.
    06-29-2010 11:54 PM
    Can you get it replaced threw BB or have to wait for it to come in the mail?
    06-30-2010 12:01 AM
    It is really easy to apply. Just follow all the instructions to a T and it will install with no problems.
    06-30-2010 12:52 AM
    I like some aspects of these products, but if I drop my phone will it do anything to prevent it from breaking like a more traditional case?
    06-30-2010 07:57 AM
    My phantom skin for my tour was junk. Never stayed on. Both of them. They sent me replacements and I havn't bothered to put them on as my phone was all dinged up by that point anyways. Took complaining publicly on crackberry to get anything done. No replies to my inquiries till I started trolling the phantomSkinz user then I got a reply... They wanted me to send my phone in but I refused.
    It is less tacky and has less of an orange peel going on... But if it doesn't stay on then really what is the point. I would leave the device dry for 48 hours only to have it peeling all over the place in a few weeks.

Incredible shield on my buddy's ipod started to peel off too, after 2 years! He has had it in and out of so many pockets that I do not blame them for it peeling a little. I have never had a problem with installing these and getting them to stick.
    06-30-2010 09:09 AM
    I like some aspects of these products, but if I drop my phone will it do anything to prevent it from breaking like a more traditional case?
    You can purchase full-body skins, but again, these products are not made to replace strengthen cases. Zagg's Invisible Shields are to serve as protection against cuts, scrapes, and scratches to a device.

Honestly, if you're worried about full protection, you should be looking at a case and compliment it with just a screen based shield.
    06-30-2010 10:21 AM
    You can purchase full-body skins, but again, these products are not made to replace strengthen cases. Zagg's Invisible Shields are to serve as protection against cuts, scrapes, and scratches to a device.

Honestly, if you're worried about full protection, you should be looking at a case and compliment it with just a screen based shield.
    I dropped my iPod with an invisible shield on it. No problems upon picking it up. Now it wont protect the hdd from a collision or the screen from cracking...
    06-30-2010 10:49 AM
    I dropped my iPod with an invisible shield on it. No problems upon picking it up. Now it wont protect the hdd from a collision or the screen from cracking...
    I'd say it's a case-by-case thing; either way, I wouldn't trust a thin piece of plastic film to protect my $200+ phone.

By the way, I never heard of "Bodyguardz" until a review of their protective skin for the new EVO 4g made it to the front page. After snooping around their site, it seems they are offering protection screens and body film for the Droid X...though it's a bit more pricey than what I've paid for Zagg in the past...

BodyGuardz for Motorola Droid X Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Films | Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Films
    06-30-2010 12:59 PM
    they can be a real pain in the arse to apply. I just did one last night for my iPad and it took a couple of attempts to get it nice and smooth. Didn't have enough solution in the kit but fortunately I had some left over from another kit. The trick is to not press too much and to work quickly and gently.
    06-30-2010 01:02 PM
    I'd say it's a case-by-case thing; either way, I wouldn't trust a thin piece of plastic film to protect my $200+ phone.
    AFAIK the military uses the "thin piece of plastic film" to protect the forward edges of helicopter blades. Or at least a very similar product. I confirmed that the material felt similar via a coworker who was an apache helicopter field maintainer. He said that the application was similar as well. Watch the tests of the ZAGG the film around keys and pens. Doesn't seem too easy to break through it.

Either way I do not trust ZAGG's claims that they invented their stuff. It is incredibly similar to 3m Paint Protect.
    06-30-2010 02:04 PM
    they can be a real pain in the arse to apply. I just did one last night for my iPad and it took a couple of attempts to get it nice and smooth. Didn't have enough solution in the kit but fortunately I had some left over from another kit. The trick is to not press too much and to work quickly and gently.
    The magic solution appears to just be water. Fill the spray bottle up with more water and away you go. Phantom skinz doesn't come with any "magic" solution. They simply have you soak the skin in a cup of warm water.
    06-30-2010 02:05 PM
    The magic solution appears to just be water. Fill the spray bottle up with more water and away you go. Phantom skinz doesn't come with any "magic" solution. They simply have you soak the skin in a cup of warm water.
    Ah. I was thinking about using water but refrained as I had extra of Zagg's solution. The whole process reminds me of applying press-on fresnel prisms to eyeglass lenses where I would do the very same thing... Except excess water just made a mess and there was no risk of damaging delicate electronic equipment!

Although it is a pain... The payoff is huge because these things are nearly indestructible and really do prevent those annoying microfine scratches repeated cleaning will do to glass over time.
    06-30-2010 08:06 PM
    well I'm just hoping invisible shield launches a Droid X set, or the bodyguardz will be the next choice.
    06-30-2010 08:32 PM
    07-02-2010 08:38 AM
    Nice! Apparently there was enough interest (there was never a doubt in my mind this would get the greenlight) for them to release one.

Also a heads up, if you sign up for their weekly iPad giveway, they will email you a discount code (random) for 30-50% off your next order...

Also, I forgot about Beskinsever. I've used them in the past and have to say I've been impressed with their products and service. No listing yet for the X, but I'm pretty sure that will change.

http://www.bestskinsever.com/
    07-02-2010 09:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD