No avi support?

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
avi is a packager, divx/xvid is what you're looking for. Videos can be converted easily on a pc to the right type using a program like handbrake. The samsung moment and Galaxy phones will support avi/divx/xvid. None of the HTC phones do, and neither do the Moto phones currently.

Mudvayne622

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
avi is a packager, divx/xvid is what you're looking for. Videos can be converted easily on a pc to the right type using a program like handbrake. The samsung moment and Galaxy phones will support avi/divx/xvid. None of the HTC phones do, and neither do the Moto phones currently.

Thanks for the info. but i do believe i saw a video saying that the DX did support Divx. I may be wrong but i think it was Engadgets video that was posted a few days before the official announcement of the phone.

Edit...I actually did answer my own question. During the video it does play a copy of Hot Tub Time Machine and she says it is a Divx file in avi Format. So Yup http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/15/exclusive-motorola-droid-x-preview/

Last edited:

Mudvayne622

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
nice, divx and xvid support ROCKS. i hate reconverting my movie library to load on my phone, way too much effort.

Well according to what Phil says...It didnt work for him. Its most like an encoding(i think thats what its called) or a codec issue with the specific file you are trying to watch. I know with my current phone(samsumg Omnia) it wont play some avi files but will play others. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

c4v3man

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Only if it supports HDMI output. Beta ends July 15th... coincidence? I got someone to not get an iPhone due to his love of movies, and the desire to take some with him on trips easily and output to the tv's in the rooms via hdmi.

Mudvayne622

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I did check out Rockplayer and it would be great if the Beta didnt end on the 15th. I really hope it supports all( i will settle for most) of my Avi's. If not i can always hope for an app or just do lots of converting.

c4v3man

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
It also sounds quite inefficient. Doesn't sound like it's using video acceleration at all at the GPU level. Unless they get HDMI output and graphics acceleration, I think I'll just reconvert. What are Quad-Core CPU's good for anyways if you don't do alot of encoding?

jrmuller

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I've had no issues with Rock Player.. unencoded .AVIs and DIVX avis no issues.. and perfect clarity, the screen just rocks..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze