Droid X vs Iphone4?

milo12

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
When are we going to see some comparisons of the Droid X vs Iphone4? I would like to see speed, camera, user interface etc compared.

I have some idiot friends that think the Iphone is the best greatest phone ever blah blah blah.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I think comparing anything besides the camera is irrelevant. Beyond that they are 2 totally different phones. I personally would like reviewers to stop comparing everything to the iPhone.

TYagoto

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
When are we going to see some comparisons of the Droid X vs Iphone4? I would like to see speed, camera, user interface etc compared.

I have some idiot friends that think the Iphone is the best greatest phone ever blah blah blah.

i played with my friends new iphone 4, not going to deny it, its fast. however its not a market changer. If apple keeps going at this rate they are only going to be playing "keep up" with all of the other smart phone developers. It wasn't mind blowing. The thing to remember at this point is that for the future smartphones competition will be pretty strong and up to par from most of the companies. You will see a lot of similarities and only marginal differences in CAPABILITY. like above said, just google it. If not then you will just have to wait for a released comparison or to sample the actual phones.

The camera on the droid x has been said to produce pictures that are not up to par so im hoping its just a software issue that can be fixed.

From what i remember the iphone camera will make you happy but not amazing--> incredible seemed better. however the front facing camera is surprisingly good and performs VERY quickly. about 10 pictures in a second with just tapping? i was shocked.

speed ---> network and location dependent. hard to compare effectively

For the UI again it comes down to do you like android or apple better? The Droid X is running some sort of UI from moto but its not blur, blur widgets here and there but not blur. Phil described it as being close to stock. I'm not a fan of the apple OS or UI so android is more to my liking. ITS ALL BY PREFERENCE!

Last edited:

stephen.g.fiddes

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Apple holds their updates a secret so that they can hold them away from the public. Apple has total control over their devices which is partly why I switched to the droid. I was sick of apples BS. (and AT&Ts ****ty service lol) I really like the user customizability of the android OS vs the EXTREMELY limited options on iOS.

I guarantee you they had the technology to make the iPhone 4, and iOS4 back when the 3G came out. BUT, instead of releasing a top of the line product, they held it back so they would have somewhere to go. A lot of the features of iOS4 have been out since iPhone OS 2.0 came out, in the jailbroken community.

chadilac5070

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site

I know right my friends are the same way. i cant wait to get the droid x and blow them out of the water!

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I think Apple is already playing catch up. The new iPhone 4 looks like it was outdated before it was released. I think the Droid X is going to be much better. I'm not sure how long Apple is going to be able to get away with the same UI year after year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12