Who is a storm going to Droid X?

TYagoto

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I've read in a lot of post about people saying "my crap storm" or "my POS storm" but I'm really curious to see how many people are changing over from a storm. I'm one to start. Can't wait till the 15th. Are you switching over from a storm?

TYagoto

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Got a storm2 on release date. Ordered an incredible but managed to cancel the order so I could get the x.

how was that phone? I never got one but I liked it A LOT better than my storm 1, of course this is only comparing the two storms which OS wise are pretty bad :(

11b2p

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Have a Storm 1 (my third) since a week after the release date.

Looks like Droid X is where I am heading but I will wait until Aug 1 when my New Every Two kicks in.

Hopefully there will be an X or two still on the Verizon website by then.

MotoDroidx17

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I had the Storm for about 18months then one day I had so many problems with my Storm that I walked into the nearest VZM store and asked them for the fastest phone they had, which was the Incredible (had to wait two weeks to get it). I had no clue about Android until after I ordered the phone. After I got the Incredible I noticed that I started using my phone for so many more things that i thought I could benefit from the larger screen and the HD video (I have a two year old).

Since I turned in my Incredible at the 30 day mark, I am stuck with my Storm for a little over two weeks....makes me want to cry with how slow this phone is compared to the Incredible. I cant wait to get the X

JubbaTheHutt

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I was one of the early adopters who bought into the hype of the Storm (I caught the flu waiting in line at my local VZW on the release day) and have been struggling with the phone ever since. I can't believe I've put up with it for nearly a year and a half, but thankfully I've never had to return it.

July 15th can't come soon enough.

TYagoto

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I was one of the early adopters who bought into the hype of the Storm (I caught the flu waiting in line at my local VZW on the release day) and have been struggling with the phone ever since. I can't believe I've put up with it for nearly a year and a half, but thankfully I've never had to return it.

July 15th can't come soon enough.

that was me too. I'll be honest i do like the surepress technology but with the accuracy multitouch capabilities its not that big a deal for me. I'm currently on my fourth storm <---unlucky got 2 DOA after warranty sent me phones. Mostly all screen issues.

MotoDroidx17

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Have a Storm 1 (my third) since a week after the release date.

Looks like Droid X is where I am heading but I will wait until Aug 1 when my New Every Two kicks in.

Hopefully there will be an X or two still on the Verizon website by then.

FYI:You don't have to wait until Aug....VZM will do an early renewal..I am doing the same thing. Trust me, you want to get the Android in your hands as soon as you can. ( I had my Storm for 18 months, then tried the Inc for a month and honestly couldn't believe the difference in performance and usability )

john_ecko

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Me! Me! I'm on my second storm but my first one was a pre-order from Best Buy. Basically been a storm owner since launch (Nov 08). To be perfectly honest, I have little problems with it. I'm on the leaked .591 OS and battery life is very good.

Only real complaints are low memory and the horrible browser. Other than that, I like my storm a lot. I really like surepress, emails, bbm, fb notifications, and a few other things. I'll miss it a little when I get the X but I'm sure it won't last too long.

Last edited:

JubbaTheHutt

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Agreed, I'm not sure why Surepress gets such a bad-rap, I've actually found it beneficial, than again I might just have gotten use to it.

I was actually thinking of turning my Storm in before my next upgrade, but I'm not even sure if Verizon offers the device anymore. I figure I should be allowed to trade-up new seeing as I've paid for insurance this long...

TYagoto

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Me! Me! I'm on my second storm but my phone one was a pre-order from Best Buy. Basically been a storm owner since launch (Nov 08). To be perfectly honest, I have little problems with it. I'm on the leaked .591 OS and battery life is very good.

Only real complaints are low memory and the horrible browser. Other than that, I like my storm a lot. I really like surepress, emails, bbm, fb notifications, and a few other things. I'll miss it a little when I get the X but I'm sure it won't last too long.

lol thats almost exactly where I'm at too, besides the facebook app that i feel is horrible. running a lyricidal hybrid over the leaked .591.

11b2p

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
FYI:You don't have to wait until Aug....VZM will do an early renewal..I am doing the same thing. Trust me, you want to get the Android in your hands as soon as you can. ( I had my Storm for 18 months, then tried the Inc for a month and honestly couldn't believe the difference in performance and usability )

Understood but if I do an early upgrade before Aug 1 I lose the New Every Two discount.

So I am gonna wait.

ceriem

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Got a Storm 1 right after release, liked it at first but it left me wanting more. After a year of torment I got a Storm 2 (I actually picked it over a Droid because I wasn't thrilled with the idea of Android at the time). Storm2 seemed like a vast improvement, but it was basically the same phone with a screen that actually worked.

So now that Android has proven itself to be a much more fun phone experience, I am dieing to switch. I'm sick of being on an OS that's barely struggling to keep up. July 15th is gonna be awesome.

MotoDroidx17

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Ok...Ok...their are some good things about the storm....it's been a tank for me. i have beat the crap out of this things and it still functions just fine. One of the biggest problem for me is the browser, I had to book a flight one day last minute and I wanted to throw the phone across the room. I have had a blackberry for the last 5 years, and they have been good to me, but they are just not in the same game right now.

jaydorsey

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Going to stay up on the 14th just to see when the phone goes up for ordering on the vzw website. The storm has been a love/hate relationship for me until recently when my current (fourth) unit has started to behave erratically. Tired of waiting for better hybrids or a stable new OS update to drop and now that it has been EOL'ed that is likely to never happen. I like to think of the storm as the phone verizon should have passed on as it has been an albatross from the get go. I was hoping for the incredible but the X looks like a much more powerful device with a bigger screen which will mean easier typing with my huge thumbs... Plus I'm just impatient to get a new device ASAP.

Definitely glad that the storm will soon be over!

JubbaTheHutt

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
For those that have had more than one Storm, how are some of you getting multiple replacements? Are you paying for insurance on the device monthly? Do I have to go through a VZW store to receive a replacement?

11b2p

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
For those that have had more than one Storm, how are some of you getting multiple replacements? Are you paying for insurance on the device monthly? Do I have to go through a VZW store to receive a replacement?

Both times I got replacements I called VW tech support for Smart Phones. They walked me through a couple of steps to ensyure the display was dead and sent me a refurb replacement.

I did not pay any insurance for the phone but I am sure if my troubles had been anything other than display issues I would have been out of luck.

Beasley10

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

i have insurance but never used it on the phone...i just go in and they replace it...says its still under warranty

jaydorsey

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site

I went into the store and told the support technician I was going to throw the phone through the front window. Let them do whatever they needed to do to figure out the handsets were boogered. I even went to the trouble of wiping and reinstalling the software while on the phone with a support rep this last time... Kept him on the phone for about an hour. He told me to just go to my nearest store and they would take care of the rest.

jtornone

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm going from the Storm 1 to the Droid X. The Storm wasnt a bad phone, but wasnt great either. I'm still on the first one I got, never had to have it replaced. The memory issue is my big complaint about it. very few apps installed and the memory drain is very bad. I'm looking forward to going to the Droid X.