Who is a storm going to Droid X?

didiwags

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
LOL no storm, but I am switching from a Blackberry!!!! I almost got the storm but I saw the reviews and decided against it!!!

TYagoto

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
For those that have had more than one Storm, how are some of you getting multiple replacements? Are you paying for insurance on the device monthly? Do I have to go through a VZW store to receive a replacement?

yup monthly insurance, i had to register online via asurian and they mailed the phone to me. I think the reason was because by the time I was in need of a replacement they stopped carrying it at the store. My first one lasted a year then my other 3 were all replacements within a matter of 6 months T_T. reason listed before

Helicrewchief

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I got a Storm hated it. Went to the Env touch while my wife kept her Storm. Played with her phone more than mine. Realized that I do like the smartphone thing and got another Storm off of ebay. Kept that phone for 10 months and my mom got a Curve 2 BOGO and wanted to know if I wanted it. SURE I would love something new. Same ol Blackberry, Same ol pos browser, same thing just a different form factor with more memory and wifi.:mad: In 3 months I have somehow got alot of dirt under the screen and it was bugging the hell out of me. Switch back to the Storm and doing a warrenty exchange for the Curve 2. Now waiting patiently for the X. My wife thinks I'm nuts. She loves her phone.

ceriem

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
yup monthly insurance, i had to register online via asurian and they mailed the phone to me. I think the reason was because by the time I was in need of a replacement they stopped carrying it at the store. My first one lasted a year then my other 3 were all replacements within a matter of 6 months T_T. reason listed before

Haha this is exactly was happened to me. storm 1 lasted a year. Bought Storm 2 in November. Dropped it in February and the screen spider webbed, but still actually worked, got a replacement anyway.

Then about 2 months ago I spilled water on it and everything still worked accept the buttons around the edge. It was weird actually because the power/lock button didnt work, but the camera button locked the phone, except like one out of 20 times it would reset my phone. Weird stuff so I replaced it.

TYagoto

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Haha this is exactly was happened to me. storm 1 lasted a year. Bought Storm 2 in November. Dropped it in February and the screen spider webbed, but still actually worked, got a replacement anyway.

Then about 2 months ago I spilled water on it and everything still worked accept the buttons around the edge. It was weird actually because the power/lock button didnt work, but the camera button locked the phone, except like one out of 20 times it would reset my phone. Weird stuff so I replaced it.

well at least you got to use the storm 2, ive only been using the 1st storm.

Maximaniac

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Got my storm 1 on launch day. I actually went to the store at 6am to wait in line. I'm on my 2nd right now and can't wait for July 15. I only have 3 apps downloaded and the memory leak is horrible (kindle, quicklaunch, crackberry app store). What's even greater is that my ne2 is up on July 15, the same day as the DX launch! Can't wait!

Ktulu

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I replaced a Blackberry Curve with the Storm 2 when it launched and I've been very happy with it. It's been a great device. Although I?m not really a fan of Surepress, I?ve become accustomed to it. I find myself banging on the screens of other devices because I?ve developed that little extra bit of push needed on the Storm 2. Touchscreens like on the iPhone are much faster to type on.

I've been wanting to get an Android device for a while now and I'll be picking up a Droid X as soon as I can get one. I?d have an Incredible by now if the ship times were not so far off. Hopefully that turns out to have been a good thing.

JDHunz

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Been using the Storm1 and cannot wait to get rid of it. I haven't had any build quality issues with mine, but it leaks memory like a shot-up tin can leaks water. I am pulling the battery 2-3 times a day to keep it limping along...and that is with no 3rd party apps!

My hope is that I can get the X on launch day even though my NE2 isn't available until October. I mean, come on VZW, my b-day is July 16, so how about a present a day early???:p

I will miss BBM, but I really only use that with a few people.

bbuck002

May 13, 2010
Visit site
i've had my storm1 since right after launch...still on original unit...have loaded almost every leak since i got it, but gave up after .323, never actually loaded the official because i saw too many issues with it, still can't believe big red approved that pos update...can't wait for the 15th cuz i was too broke over the last year to get rid of my phone...its been a great run, i guess i was one of the luckier ones with this particular unit...beat the ever living snot out of it and it gets thru the day...but i need newness, and after researching android for the past 4 or 5 months i'm thrilled to get the Dx...later RIM!

chadilac5070

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Im going from a storm to a droid x. Ive had 5 storms total four have been replacements including the one they sent me that had a broken charging port. lol its been running really slow lately so im ready for a boost in speed.

TurboCam

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm a storm owner but I didn't buy it right away....I bought it last spring. Being my first smartphone, I was enamored with it....but it's finicky screen and lack of memory have really dampered my feelings for the Storm. I have tried every leaked software and many, many hybrids. It's all helped, but this phone is doomed!! Droid X in 2 weeks!!!!!

typo

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
storm 1 user to a droidX hopefully as long as i can get one. Got Storm1 on release day and hated it ever since. The OS lacks in departments where android excels . But i will say Blackberry does have the email end down pat. But i'm looking not only for a business like phone but something i can have fun with also tinker, load endless apps. The blackberry apps just aren't there and the constant reboots get very old.

With all this being said what BBOS 6.0 rule and open everything up for blackberry..lol

stacyadell

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I am going from my Storm1 (had it since the first month it came out) to the X as soon as my NE2 comes up on August 8th, can't wait but I will miss surepress and BBM.

stacyadell

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
FYI:You don't have to wait until Aug....VZM will do an early renewal..I am doing the same thing. Trust me, you want to get the Android in your hands as soon as you can. ( I had my Storm for 18 months, then tried the Inc for a month and honestly couldn't believe the difference in performance and usability )

Not exactly accurate, you can indeed upgrade early if your contract is up in 2010 with VZW but if you want your NE2 you need to wait until your upgrade date to get your $100 credit (or $50 depending when you signed up with VZW).

djdeadstock

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Been using the Storm1 and cannot wait to get rid of it. I haven't had any build quality issues with mine, but it leaks memory like a shot-up tin can leaks water. I am pulling the battery 2-3 times a day to keep it limping along...and that is with no 3rd party apps!

My hope is that I can get the X on launch day even though my NE2 isn't available until October. I mean, come on VZW, my b-day is July 16, so how about a present a day early???:p

I will miss BBM, but I really only use that with a few people.

yeah you can i just called the verizon corp. store and the agent stated that yes we can get the droid x for the $ 199.00 with a $100.00 MIR although we will not get the NE2 discount which will be maybe $30.00 or $50.00 off. I preordered from BESTBUY and my local bestbuy said they will also honer the early upgrade and that they had just recieved a memo saying that!! alot of peep were syaing on here that bestbuy wouldnt honor the early upgrade apparently it has changed or atleast at my local bestbuy. however if you wanna wait late july possible the new aka samsung s i cant remember the verizons version name is coming out. it looks pretty sweet a 4.0 touch screen with a 5 mega pixel camera.

TurboCam

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I think my storm knows that it's days are numbered..........

it started completely shutting down randomly today. I think there is a short somewhere under the battery cover. If I leave the cover off, the phone is fine. With the cover on, the phone shorts out. This blows.....I can't go 2 weeks with my phone on the fritz!!!

JDHunz

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I called VZW today, too, and they confirmed that I can upgrade early at the $299/199 rebate price, but my NE2 resets if I don't want to wait until Oct. to use it.

I am thinking of just ordering online since they deduct the rebate right there - I don't want to mess with another debit card thing.

TurboCam

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I have a feeling that Verizon won't have many S1 or S2 customers after the Droid X and Droid 2 both make it to market.
BB used to be the staple smartphone for VZW......it looks like VZW is full ahead on the android freight train.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair