Video's Taken with the X

alan7467

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't look too bad. Though I agree, that fireworks show was pretty bad. Was rather surprised how excited everyone was getting while watching it ;)

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Looks like there's some video captures being posted by a few lucky Droid X owners. If you happen to be one, feel free to post them here!

Personally, I'm not too thrilled with the quality I'm seeing in some of these video's, but then again I am not buying this phone for it's camera.

Paddleboard view of Nippersink Creek, Wonder Lake, IL

The most boring fireworks show I have ever seen.

As you say, quality isn't too wonderful, but they are somewhat helpful. The high speed trip down an Illinois creek was amusing. I can just picture the Op paddling furiously while holding the phone in record.

I've been poring through the internet looking for good examples of 720P recordings on the DX, and on the Samsung Galaxy, and most of them have been painful to watch.

I don't know if I should blame the phones or the operators, but trying to video out of the drivers' window while driving helter skelter through a graveyard, or roaring down a highway is highly unlikely to produce a decent video. Why do photographers think it's a good idea to pan back and forth and up and down continuously and erratically? Not to say I'm any better, but I wish I could just get my hands on a DX for an hour or two, just to try it for myself, so that I could better understand what the heck is going on.

I'm almost ready to believe that the Galaxy performs better overall, but it does seem plagued by large intermittent gaps in recording. I'm still rooting for the DX - if anyone wants to let me try theirs, I'd be glad to try it out for them :rolleyes:

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Looks like there's some video captures being posted by a few lucky Droid X owners. If you happen to be one, feel free to post them here!

Personally, I'm not too thrilled with the quality I'm seeing in some of these video's, but then again I am not buying this phone for it's camera.

Paddleboard view of Nippersink Creek, Wonder Lake, IL

The most boring fireworks show I have ever seen.

I don't know. Maybe we are starting to expect a bit much from our phones. The 1st video link above didn't even have a 720P viewing option when I checked, so there was no way to tell the true quality of that one with the canoe. The other one? Taking pictures in the dark, with a phone ... looked pretty good to me... Maybe it's just me .. I mean, this is a phone ..

crunkman989

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
The video quality of your video was better than most phones I've seen so far. It seems as though the Droid X......can shoot better video quality depending on the light in the area. But yeah the Video of the creek was o.k. quality....but I know the Droid X can do better video!

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I don't know. Maybe we are starting to expect a bit much from our phones. The 1st video link above didn't even have a 720P viewing option when I checked, so there was no way to tell the true quality of that one with the canoe. The other one? Taking pictures in the dark, with a phone ... looked pretty good to me... Maybe it's just me .. I mean, this is a phone ..

Very good points actually.

Aaron's actually looked a lot better.

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Here you go, remember the shakes were from my unsteady hand :)

Landing @ Chicago

Actually, you held it pretty steady, albeit sideways.

It helped me in that it shows the difference in videos taken on the DX and those from the Galaxy 6. I haven't observed any video freezes on those from the DX, whereas every video I've seen from a Galaxy has shown fairly frequent, and really annoying video (but not audio) freezes of a second or two each. It was one of the key factors that helped made my decision to go with the DX, despite mostly better specs on the Galaxy.

a1point8turbo

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Actually, you held it pretty steady, albeit sideways.

It helped me in that it shows the difference in videos taken on the DX and those from the Galaxy 6. I haven't observed any video freezes on those from the DX, whereas every video I've seen from a Galaxy has shown fairly frequent, and really annoying video (but not audio) freezes of a second or two each. It was one of the key factors that helped made my decision to go with the DX, despite mostly better specs on the Galaxy.

Yes this is one of my big complaints, it doesn't auto rotate the picture dependent on how you are holding it while recording. Same with pictures. Sometimes horizontal is not the best way to video record or snap a picture and the phones sensor should pick that up when I am filming or taking a picture. At the current moment it doesn't.... :(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie