Would confirmation of an encrypted bootloader stop you from buying the DX?

Would confirmation of an encrypted bootloader stop you from buying the DX

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I'm not really sure how all I feel about it... I feel like it would bother me like a nagging bug bite, but probably wouldn't stop me from getting/enjoying it... Just wondering how this community feels...

opcenter

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
From what I've seen so far of the quality of software (granted this is without actually using it, just from a bazillion hands-on videos), I don't really think I would see a reason to need to load a modded ROM on it. Add to that how fast it looks like they're going to have Froyo out for it as well and it doesn't really bother me at all.

Perhaps if they had loaded it with the Motoblur crap that they did on previous phones... but if that were the case, then I probably wouldn't want the Droid X anyway. :)

the one and only M

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
It would be a huge disappointment, but I'd probably still pick one up. The minute I read that it has blur I though of loading stock android roms. It will especially be frustrating when older devices are running gingerbread roms and verizon is taking their sweet time with the official update.

MolecularGraph

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Im getting it, and most likely will end up making a widget/app for screen shots, then not put it on android market and keep it too myself!

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I do have a custom rom running on my droid, but I can agree with opcenter... Part of why I like custom rooms is because they add some features I felt were missing and added some needed speed, but if the DX is as awesome as it looks in vids I may not feel the need for custom roms and might just be ok with root.

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
Being that i'll be an android convert with the x I don't know yet what I'd desire with root, so I probably wouldn't do it. However, if a compelling reason came up and I wanted it but couldn't have it I'd probably be upset. Its a tough call.

dwe28

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
An encrypted bootloader would be a dealbreaker for me because without root, the phone can't be overclocked. I have a 1.25GHz kernel running on my Droid and it's extremely fast. The X's processor is more powerful but why switch from my Droid if its limit is 1GHz? But who knows, anything is possible.

I'd like to switch to a Droid X but unless it can be rooted and I can get it for $450 or less without contract, I'm sticking with my Droid.

egut125

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
An encrypted bootloader would be a dealbreaker for me because without root, the phone can't be overclocked. I have a 1.25GHz kernel running on my Droid and it's extremely fast. The X's processor is more powerful but why switch from my Droid if its limit is 1GHz? But who knows, anything is possible.

I'd like to switch to a Droid X but unless it can be rooted and I can get it for $450 or less without contract, I'm sticking with my Droid.

Well a locked/encrypted boot loader does not mean a root method is impossible. Root and custom rims are two different things and I am sure someone will get a root method working on the droid X

anon26174

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I know Gingerbread 3.0 is a ways off yet, but I'm hoping that perhaps there'll be a more unified Android look and feel to all devices regardless of manufacturer when that comes along.

rinnr1

Press ALT-F4 to see nudes
May 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm new to Android, So what does an encrypted bootloader do or not do? And wouldn't that be known by now if so many people have had their hands on wouldn't hat be one of the first things some people would check out?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37