Droid X as a Tablet device

bc6droid

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Ive been searching high and low for an Android tablet device without much luck. Do you guys think the X would make a good small tablet device.

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
In my opinion I would need more screen space. When I look for a tablet I need something I can use for work. It has to show big excel reports so I need a decent sized screen. I'd also need the battery to hold up to being on most of the day. So the droid x would be too small for my tablet uses.

salanester

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
A larger screen would be nice on a tablet, especially if I were doing work on it like largeselection mentioned. I think the X will keep me from having my laptop on the couch and opening and closing it a hundred times a night. I might just be a super nerd but I'm constantly checking something out or googling something I think of or see on television.

Does that mean if an android market supported tablet comes out I won't get it...probably not. It will keep me from rushing to buy a tablet that doesn't really have everything I want yet though. I feel your pain on searching for a good android tablet...they are coming though.

Rudolphe

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I don't like Apple, but they've got the best tablet on the market right now (as much as it pains me to admit that). Android needs to refine it's UI a bit before i'd consider picking one up as a full tablet. Maybe when 3.0 drops.

bc6droid

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Check out the new cisco cius. It runs android and has a 720p video camera. Cisco says its for business to stay in touch but looks pretty cool to me.

heres the link:

Cisco Cius - Products & Services - Cisco Systems

Also just found this on cnet looks like LG and android are making a tablet:

LG announces plans for Android-based tablet | Crave - CNET

Thanks for posting that link I may have to share it with my boss, shes into the whole collaborative thing lol.

smoke_show

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I think its technically classified as a tablet. But like everybody else said you would need a bigger screen for productivity reasons. Dell Streak once it comes to the US.

javroch

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
You might also like to check out these two Archos products:

Archos 5 Internet Tablet w/ Android:
ARCHOS

Archos 7 Home Tablet w/ Android:
ARCHOS

Though it seems that both come with varying versions of Android 1.x and I couldn't speak on how often they get updated / maybe how infrequent the website gets updated at least to show the updates in software.

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I have an iPad and it is a pretty sweet device in my opinion. Works well for business and couch use. With that said, I'll def check out android offerings when I see comparable/better options.

briankeith513

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Without Adobe flash, the iPad is garbage to me. I have tried it out, but not being able to pull up certain websites is a total fail to me.

Sent from Sir Brian's HTC Droid Incredible using Tapatalk