Buy 1 get 1 free?

MolecularGraph

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I know that the Droid1 had a buy 1 get one of equal or lesser value free(so another Droid or an Eris), does anyone know if Verizon will do this with the X? Because they are still doing it with the Droid1.

TYagoto

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I know that the Droid1 had a buy 1 get one of equal or lesser value free(so another Droid or an Eris), does anyone know if Verizon will do this with the X? Because they are still doing it with the Droid1.

nope, probably not. When the Inc came out they allowed you to buy a droid then get the inc but not the other way around. However with this phone I doubt they will keep the bogo promo

quetzalcoatl

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
There were stories of people getting Incredibles on the B1G1 offer. But they were few and far between. But I do not think it was to be allowed some just got lucky.

didiwags

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Yeah most of the time they do not do it when the phone is first released! It is a sales thing they use after the phone has been out for a bit!

salanester

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
It seems only to be when they want to deplete inventory of a certain phone. It seems the best way to know a newer and better model of something is coming out is when they do buy 1 get 1 free promos.

JubbaTheHutt

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I don't see this promotion running for the Droid X so soon, especially right at launch. I could see this definitely happening down the road (as someone suggested, maybe Christmas).

ceriem

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
They usually only do this for over stocked phones. Though the Droid still sells well, it is a phone Verizon obviously has tons of and is willing to push them out so it can take your money in the form of higher data charges per month. It did the same with the Palm Pre because it had less than stellar Verizon sales. If the X sells very well through the holiday season, there will be no need to offer it BOGO. If it goes BOGO before November, you'll know the phone is overstocked.

This is the same reason why the Inc will never go on sale lol. Supply and demand, folks.

Cuz97

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Droid X BOBO, Not likely Like the Incredible. If the Droid1 is still bogo the Inc and X aren't gonna be part of that offer becuz the D1'sprice drop to $150.

The Main reason y they do bogo's is BECAUSE it sells and not just overstocked. they make way more money of Data than they do the phones.

salanester

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Droid X BOBO, Not likely Like the Incredible. If the Droid1 is still bogo the Inc and X aren't gonna be part of that offer becuz the D1'sprice drop to $150.

The Main reason y they do bogo's is BECAUSE it sells and not just overstocked. they make way more money of Data than they do the phones.

Excellent point I hadn't thought of...you more than pay for the phone with that $29.99 a month.

Helicrewchief

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I've asked 2 reps about that now. One said she couldn't tell me if that would happen or not. The way she said almost led me to believe its possible. Another one said she didn't know and asked her manager who said no it will be 199 after rebate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20