Droid X has officially launched!

TurboCam

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
One week from today, we should be getting our DX love!!!

In the mean time, I've been trying to get as much info as possible for this phone. I've DL'd all the google programs to make the change over easy.....trying to get used to Gmail.....still like my old school Outlook though; I guess it's just like an old pair of shoes that just fits right. :confused:

Also, I even stopped by a SPrint store yesterday to check out the EVo (for size comparisons.) I found the evo to be fine...not too big. So, I am not worried about the size of the DX anymore. Wow.....I really liked the Sense UI though. The weather widget just "pops" right out at you......even the car mode looks fantastic on the EVO. THE DX car mode is downright dull in comparison. lol. Oh well.....there's no way I leave verizon for Sprint!

I even stopped by my local VZW store to get any kind of info......unfortunately, they are way behind on news as compared to the info on these forums.

One week more to go.....and it seems like it's gonna take forever to get here. I have had to bandaid my Blackberry Storm to make it until the DX launch.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Yeah giving up Sense is going to be the hardest part of switching to the X. There are widgets and launchers in the Market that can help make up for this though.

7 days!!! :)

Ktulu

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I've been doing a little prep myself. Coming from Blackberry I have no idea what apps to put on the X when I get it. I've been reading these forums and making a list of stuff I'm going to need to install when I get it. Getting new toys is all very exciting. :D

TurboCam

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I thik the hardest part of leaving RIM will be losing the BBM. It's not that I use BBM to chat with everybody, but I use the "group" function for work. With the group function, all of us in the group can set appointment in the group calendar and it auomatically propogate to everyone else in the group's calendar. So, we always know what is going on and where we all are.

I may be able to utilize the exchange server intregration of the DX to do the same thing. We have exchange at our office, but I don't use it.

bc6droid

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I cant wait until the 15th, the X will be my first Android phone. My plan for the X is to use it as a multimedia platform, for music, video & pictures.

scramblerider5

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
One week from today, we should be getting our DX love!!!

In the mean time, I've been trying to get as much info as possible for this phone. I've DL'd all the google programs to make the change over easy.....trying to get used to Gmail.....still like my old school Outlook though; I guess it's just like an old pair of shoes that just fits right. :confused:

Also, I even stopped by a SPrint store yesterday to check out the EVo (for size comparisons.) I found the evo to be fine...not too big. So, I am not worried about the size of the DX anymore. Wow.....I really liked the Sense UI though. The weather widget just "pops" right out at you......even the car mode looks fantastic on the EVO. THE DX car mode is downright dull in comparison. lol. Oh well.....there's no way I leave verizon for Sprint!

I even stopped by my local VZW store to get any kind of info......unfortunately, they are way behind on news as compared to the info on these forums.

One week more to go.....and it seems like it's gonna take forever to get here. I have had to bandaid my Blackberry Storm to make it until the DX launch.

What programs are u downloading to make the change over easy?

kajii

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
One week to go was my first thought when I woke up lol

I even had a dream about getting an X last night, this is getting crazy!

TurboCam

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
What programs are u downloading to make the change over easy?

I used google sync and gmail to get all the stuff off my storm and my outlook so that I can upload everything onto the X without missing a beat. I'm sure there will be a couple issues but mostly it should be pretty smooth.

I had to setup a gmail account, but I don'tthink I'll use that email address for much. my main email has been a bellsouth.net address for over a decade...and now that bellsouth was taken over by ATT and then ATT merged their email with Yahoo........I essentially have a yahoo email account. That was part of the reason that I didn't get an incredible. The Incredible didn't have push email support for yahoo mail. The Droid X does! Since I coming from a balckberry, I am used to getting my emails instantly....and I like it that way. I am not going to settle for anything less than instant push support.

jeepzilla

May 10, 2010
Visit site
the X will be my first Android phone and coming from
Blackberry i hope i'll like it....All this "root" and "Rom" thing has me
worried because i dont have a clue what everyone on here is talking about.
Super Noob :(

TurboCam

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
the X will be my first Android phone and coming from
Blackberry i hope i'll like it....All this "root" and "Rom" thing has me
worried because i dont have a clue what everyone on here is talking about.
Super Noob :(

just different from what blackberry users deal with. In the BB world, it's all about OS leaks and hybrid OSs. If you wanted better performance out of your BB, you were probably installign leaks and hybrids....I know I was.

The android crew is definitely a geekier group than the BB world....and hence the modifications go deeper than in the BB world. I look forward to learning more about modding my phone.....but that's me. I cannot leave well enough alone.

NegativeCreep

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I still feel like Cartman in the Wii episode (Season 10) from a few years back, ready to freeze myself to avoid having to endure the wait, even if it is just another week (Cartman had to wait 3 weeks).

Like others here I am migrating from a BB, a Tour to be exact. I use G-mail almost exclusively so my contacts and emails shouldn't be a problem with the move. I do have some BBM contacts but I am slowly urging them to download GTalk if they haven't already and to start talking to me on that.

As for app preparation, my wife just got her DInc last week so I've been exploring the Market a bit, testing out different apps and then deleting them before she has a chance to yell at me.

rion_j

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
hey all, so this will be my first droid as well coming from BB. I can hardly wait, and i've been compiling a list over at App Brain for the apps I'm going to load on my DX.

you can check out my apps here:
http://www.appbrain.com/user/rion_j/rions-apps

if you havent already, this is a really cool site to make a list of the apps you want to add to your device.

what i like about this phone is that you can totally customize it to how you want it. yea, i like sense, but you dont need it since there are so many cool launchers and weather widgets on the market place. check out beautiful widgets here: Beautiful Widgets | LevelUp Studio